Charlotte, nc
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
This is not my picture but its exactly how our white strip looks like and the concrete flooring. I am wanting to resurface it, DIY if possible but don't even know where to start. I have read about painting the concrete and concrete overlays. I would like to have some kind of border around it though, like in the second photo. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190517-222030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190517-222030_Chrome.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20190517-222529_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190517-222529_Google.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 25
I don't know how handy you are, but the borders, aka coping like in the second photo are recessed into the pool deck. It would be a lot of work for a diy. If you want the look of those types of coping without cutting out concrete to set bricks or stone you can try a set of stencils and concrete stain. I haven't seen a set of stencils or instructions specific to pool coping, so if you want to go for it I would look for ideas for stenciling a concrete patio and adapt it for pool coping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.