WalMart Ultra Bleach - $2.54 now

CRG_80cc

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2007
Nor-Cal
Just wondering what the WalMart Ultra Bleach is selling for in other parts of the country. I went to the WalMart in Pleasanton, CA and the price is now $2.54 for the 1.42 gallon size.

Everything is going up but wages :evil:

ovranalyzr

Jun 4, 2008
Alabama
I was thinking I single handedly made the prices go up here locally with the amount I have been purchasing. It was $2.28 a few weeks ago, but is now up to $2.53.

Aquaman95

Feb 20, 2008
Bleach is going to be going up, not to panic anyone but maybe waaaay up. One if the major ingredients in bleach (caustic) is in very short supply and it's price is skyrocketing on the chemical markets now. Dow, one of the major producers, is running on allocation and has opted out of their supply contracts by declaring force majuere.

The good news is bleach will still work better and be more economical than the other options.

jlhaz

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2007
I noticed the same thing. It used to be $2.25 and now it's $2.54 like you said :(

The sizes they have is most convinient though! :)

rimshaker

Jul 15, 2007
Florida
Still can't beat the 10% strength 2.5gal (320 oz) jugs that most major pool store chains have.

They're usually around $4 per jug. But when they run periodic specials like buy 2 get 1 free, or a big 20% discount, you can't beat that price for chlorine.

The only one-time catch is you must purchase the 2.5gal jugs at first, unless you have some already. Then it's yours to keep for refilling anytime.

randytsuch

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
My local Costco is $4.85 for two 1.42 gal jugs.
Home Depot and OSH sell 2 gals of 12% for $6.50, which is a little cheaper, but I don't think they are really 12%. Whenever I add their 12%, my FC levels don't go up as much as I think they should.

Randy

Jimbo

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2007
Summerton, SC
$2.54 here too and it seems every time I go in there's only 1 jug left on the shelf. I guess there are lots of folks finding TFP and going the BBB route. :-D

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Ours has gone to $2.54 as well. Interestingly, Clorox has gone down 20 cents for the same size, and the overall shelf space for the bigger jugs has been reduced about 50%.

chrisa

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
Ohio
just went to Krogers and they have 10% for $2.39 for 1 gallon, the brand is LC 10/champion. is that a pretty good price?? I was just using the 3 pack of 6% clorox from sam's club

chris

saml

Jun 4, 2008
Near Knoxville TN
Dollar General still has their 6% at $1.35 for the 96 oz. Take note though that some of their bleach was in a bottle that didn't have the % listed on the label. These bottles also looked a little different. I only bought the ones labeled 6%. Based on the previous post I'm thinking of going to Kroger's. If I did the math right 10% at that price comes out a little cheaper that 6% @ $1.35.

Swimgirl

Jun 3, 2008
Marana, AZ
chrisa said:
just went to Krogers and they have 10% for $2.39 for 1 gallon, the brand is LC 10/champion. is that a pretty good price?? I was just using the 3 pack of 6% clorox from sam's club

chris
That's a good price. Even though the jugs are a little smaller than the 174 oz or whatever for $2.28 to $2.54 for 6%, the concentration is enough higher, that when you do the math, it actually figures out to a little less than the 6%. I use 10%, and I haven't found it quite that low yet. I would grab that up! :mrgreen: