Waiting on TF-100

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
After reading in this forum (which is amazing by the way) I ordered TF-100 to accurately test my pool chemistry etc. my question is, is there anything I can do for my pool while I wait for it to come in? I’ve been using a leaf rake to dip debris from bottom of the pool (lots of pine straw.) been reading up on pool school and SLAM (because I will most definitely have to do that.) And I guess while I have you here I’ll go ahead and ask the question about SLAM. I work 14 hour shifts. Sometimes 3 in a row. Is it important that I test water sooner than 14 hours apart??

Thanks for your time!

Welcome to the forum!
Great decision to buy the TF100.
Right now you can be adding 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each evening to the pool. Be sure the pump is running when you add it.
When you get your kit, run a full set of tests and post them up.

It is best at the start of a SLAM if you can test and add liquid chlorine every couple hours. But after a day or two, you can slow down to a few times per day. Is there no one that can add some liquid chlorine while you are away?

Welcome to the forum!
Great decision to buy the TF100.
Right now you can be adding 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine each evening to the pool. Be sure the pump is running when you add it.
When you get your kit, run a full set of tests and post them up.

It is best at the start of a SLAM if you can test and add liquid chlorine every couple hours. But after a day or two, you can slow down to a few times per day. Is there no one that can add some liquid chlorine while you are away?

Thanks for your reply! My brother May can do it but he won’t be able to do it every few hours. If my kit arrives by Saturday I could start Monday. And would have Monday/Tuesday off. Hopefully be enough then that he could just check it once or twice on Wednesday?? Maybe..fingers crossed lol

Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, feed stores, etc all sell liquid chlorine.
If you use 6% bleach from the store, be sure it is plain, not splashless, no fabric protection, nor Cloromax, scents, etc. Hard to find anymore.
PoolMath will give how much bleach to use. As you have not filled out a signature, I have no idea the volume of your pool. Can you fill out your signature? Click on your member name, upper right. Go to Signature. You can see mine below for an example. If you are on a mobile device, turn it sideways to see the signatures.

Ahh sorry, it’s a 10k gallon intex ultraframe pool. The 24x12 I believe.

I live in the boondocks, I checked the local Walmart (which is still 30 miles away) with no luck. I can travel the 60 to Lowe’s etc. not a big deal. Just read about people using bleach, considered it as an option but I’ll definitely keep that in mind about the bleach. Thanks for your help! I’ll get to the signature in a bit!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.