Waiting on contractors for resurface estimates

ogtriple

May 17, 2022
Southeast Florida
So I live in Southeast Florida, and I've contacted 6 different resurface contractors in the last two days for estimates and they won't be coming out until next week and the week after. A few of the contractors do PebbleTec exclusively, so if the price is right I may oblige. I'm just not looking to get completely taken to the cleaners on this project. The pool is 30x15 rectangular, 4ft shallow 6ft deep. I am thinking of asking the contractor to do the tile myself (did it professionally for 10 years) and maybe the coping, unless the price is right for them to handle it. Anyways, anyone have any idea on the cost with and without tile and coping? I'm not looking for exact numbers, just ballpark so I know roughly what to expect. I'd prefer a durable finish over a comfortable finish, I've been in pebble pools a few times and it didn't bother me or my wife.

Any kind of pebble my guess is $15k-$20k. With or without you doing the tile and the coping. If you tell them after the quote that you want to do the tile/coping they'll drop the price by $2k maybe (and make that up in change orders). If you tell them before they will jack up the price to cover for the lost profit on the tile/coping job.

Hello Og, up in Port Orange (just south of Daytona). Had the tile replaced, pavers installed, pool resurfaced with a a 25 yr warranty called Sunstone Pearl pebble plaster. Our pools are close square ft.. wise , 12 x 32, 3 feet to 8 1/2 deep 7x7 HTub. Just to give you an idea, the Agreed upon price was $7300 plaster, $3200 tile work...This was end of 2021 pricing and this was not the lowest and not the highest bid. The paver work was over and above. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20220517_084055.jpg
    20220517_084055.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220517_084111.jpg
    20220517_084111.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220517_084047.jpg
    20220517_084047.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Lanzz
Hello Og, up in Port Orange (just south of Daytona). Had the tile replaced, pavers installed, pool resurfaced with a a 25 yr warranty called Sunstone Pearl pebble plaster. Our pools are close square ft.. wise , 12 x 32, 3 feet to 8 1/2 deep 7x7 HTub. Just to give you an idea, the Agreed upon price was $7300 plaster, $3200 tile work...This was end of 2021 pricing and this was not the lowest and not the highest bid. The paver work was over and above. Hope this helps.
Wow that's actually not bad, I wish I would have pulled the trigger last year when I first bought the house. I had just spent 35k on a new metal roof so I was still just trying to stop the bleeding. How do you like the finish?

Yup, like it fine and with TFP method and crystal clear water, better yet.
LOL.....I did the shingle roof thing last year also @ $28k but thinking I should went metal like you. My quote was $39 couldn't pull the trigger. Good luck to you and your pool project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.