Vriable Speed Pump timer suggestions

Sep 7, 2018
Las Vegas
I live in Las Vegas and have never had a variable speed pump here in the winter, i have a Pentair VSP with SWCG that I installed last summer, best decision I ever made.
I need some advise as to what to set the timer to run as well as times, it is still set to run on the Summer presets but seems wasteful to run it so many hours, I believe it runs about 10 hours total atm
Help!!

Yeah, 10 hrs seems like way too much run time this time of year if your water is chilly. What's your water temp? I suspect you could cut that run time in half if not more. Just a minimal run each day to generate some FC from the salt cell and to mix any chemicals as needed which shouldn't be that much anyways. If you don't have any trees nearby, surface debris should be minimal, so skimmer the surface should not be an issue. Maybe try 1-2 hours in the am and another 1-2 hrs in the pm? See how that works for FC and surface skimming?

Yeah, 10 hrs seems like way too much run time this time of year if your water is chilly. What's your water temp? I suspect you could cut that run time in half if not more. Just a minimal run each day to generate some FC from the salt cell and to mix any chemicals as needed which shouldn't be that much anyways. If you don't have any trees nearby, surface debris should be minimal, so skimmer the surface should not be an issue. Maybe try 1-2 hours in the am and another 1-2 hrs in the pm? See how that works for FC and surface skimming?

Went ahead and created a custom schedule to run in the afternoon for about 4 hours.

Thank you

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.