Vinyl Replacement Cost

KyleAndVal

May 22, 2018
Sykesville, MD
We need to replace the vinyl liner in our in-ground pool. Our area can tend to be more expensive than others but our pool is also fairly large, 33k gallons.

Our current quote is for $6500 which includes: remove old water & liner, install 1/4" wall foam on the walls, smooth bottom, install new 27mil custom liner with new gaskets & faceplates, and balance pool water. He said this would be a 2 day process from start to finish.

In addition, we'll need to pay another $1500 for water to refill. So we are looking at 8,000 total.

The quote is from our usual pool guy that does our closing, which is comparable to others in the area, and we've been very happy with him in the past. This just seemed a little higher than I was expecting. Any insight?

Thank you!

borjis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2014
Pacific NW
Regional pricing into account and pool size, that doesn't sound too bad. The water seems expensive but I've not had to do that.

cledee

Bronze Supporter
Jun 23, 2020
Concord, NH
We need to replace the vinyl liner in our in-ground pool. Our area can tend to be more expensive than others but our pool is also fairly large, 33k gallons.

Our current quote is for $6500 which includes: remove old water & liner, install 1/4" wall foam on the walls, smooth bottom, install new 27mil custom liner with new gaskets & faceplates, and balance pool water. He said this would be a 2 day process from start to finish.

In addition, we'll need to pay another $1500 for water to refill. So we are looking at 8,000 total.

The quote is from our usual pool guy that does our closing, which is comparable to others in the area, and we've been very happy with him in the past. This just seemed a little higher than I was expecting. Any insight?

Thank you!
I was quoted $6,500 for an 18K gallon pool for 27 MIL from the pool company I used to blindly purchase chemicals from. But I'm guessing for my pool size i should be able to get the new liner between $3,500 and $4,500 if I look around to other places.