Vinyl Liner replacement

Outofbounds

Oct 8, 2013
Gulf Breeze, FL
After 10 years, four of which were owned by me, it was time for a liner replacement. The original liner was still holding fine, it was the track that holds it in which had failed due to poor installation practices by the original builder. They used standard screws to hold the track in versus stainless hardware, I know at some point in the future, I am likely to have issues in other spots.
We chose a local company to do the refurbishment, and chose the Latham "Indigo Marble/Blue Granite" as the liner. At the same time all the jets/ skimmer hardware/drain covers were changed out as well as replacing the 300W bulb with a 35W LED bulb. My pump motor had also failed so it was replaced as well. I'll get some pics added in the near future, but for now, I'll share the time-lapse of the project. From algae with leaves and snakes to a beautiful nighttime rave. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/p4JFAhg4Ivw

This is such a fun video! Sometimes I have to admit sometimes I get a little bored with super long time-lapses. This was perfect, love the instant gratification. Would love to see some still photos of the beautiful finished product.

Very nice! How did you create the time lapse?

I used a GoPro 3+ that I had laying around, mounted it using a suction cup mount on a window that faced the pool. The GoPro was set in TimeLapse mode with one picture taken every 60 seconds. In hind site, I wish I would have used a every 30 seconds to better capture the progress.

Once I have the backyard cleaned up I'll take some better pictures of the liner and add them to the thread for liner pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.