Vinyl Liner Pool Build in PA

LOL, it was hard to watch them tear up the lawn but I know the end result will be even better.

Winter cover is in the process of being ordered. Pool should be done just in time to close it up for the winter. We are going with a black aluminum fence.

We decided on the grey mosaic liner from Latham. We started off thinking we wanted a deep blue. Then we started seeing the water color of the tan and grey liners that made us change our mind. Ultimately went with the grey. We really like the water color it creates. For our deck we are going with charcoal grey paver coping and concrete.

The builders came today and installed the walls and did some plumbing. Had our first hiccup. Wrong steps were delivered. Need ones for the cantilever coping. The correct ones should only take a few days to get in. Coming back tomorrow to work on the equipment pad and the electrician comes on Friday.

View attachment 118241View attachment 118242View attachment 118243View attachment 118244
Please do you have pictures of your grey mosaic pool?

Please do you have pictures of your grey mosaic pool?

Actually, our liner has been installed. Just haven't had a chance to update progress. We LOVE the liner and the shades of color we get at different times of the day.

Since my last update, liner has been installed and PB has prepped to have footer poured for our paver coping. Inspector coming today to check bonding before we can proceed. Hoping that goes well.

IMG-1346.JPG

IMG-1348 (1).JPG

This is after lots of work was done around perimeter of pool. Pool has a lot of dirt in it and needs to be vacuumed and brushed. Hard to keep up with it. It is a constant battle since it is surrounded by dirt right now and winds blow the dirt in constantly. So the color is not as sharp as it has been.

IMG-1370.JPG

IMG-1371.JPG

Reactions: Love2Fly
Actually, our liner has been installed. Just haven't had a chance to update progress. We LOVE the liner and the shades of color we get at different times of the day.

Since my last update, liner has been installed and PB has prepped to have footer poured for our paver coping. Inspector coming today to check bonding before we can proceed. Hoping that goes well.

View attachment 119979

View attachment 119980

This is after lots of work was done around perimeter of pool. Pool has a lot of dirt in it and needs to be vacuumed and brushed. Hard to keep up with it. It is a constant battle since it is surrounded by dirt right now and winds blow the dirt in constantly. So the color is not as sharp as it has been.

View attachment 119981

View attachment 119982
Its gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.
I am struggling to make my mind between the grey mosaic and reef. ????

Have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. The pool builder added foam between the paver coping and concrete deck. I asked when it would be caulked. He said they would come back at opening to clean that joint and caulk. My concern is isn't the caulk there to prevent water from getting into this area that could potentially cause freeze damage? Or is it better to wait because it is too cold to caulk?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool build portion is finally finished. Deck poured, fence installed and closed yesterday. Now we have lots of landscaping to work on and the family cannot wait until spring. By the time it was filled we only were able to get in a few times. Glad we built in the fall though so everything is done as soon as the weather breaks.

Attachments

• IMG-1457.jpg
    IMG-1457.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-1461.jpg
    IMG-1461.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG-1664.jpg
    IMG-1664.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-1665.jpg
    IMG-1665.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 97
Hello,

Been lurking around for awhile now as we went through the process of thinking about a pool, interviewing pool builders and then signing our contract. Forum has been an awesome resource during our decision making. Lots of great information! Especially helpful when we were debating our liner choices.

Excavation was last Friday, pool was delivered today and they will begin building the structure tomorrow. Hoping for a smooth process and good weather. Here are some of the specs.

18'x'34'36' Lagoon Shape Vinyl Liner
23,100 Gallons
Pentair VSF Pump
Pentair Clean and Clear 420 sq. ft. cartridge filter
Pentair MasterTemp 300,000 BTU NG Heater
IntelliCenter w/IC40
Prowler 930 Robotic Cleaner
IntelliBrite 5G Color LED Lights x 2

View attachment 118137View attachment 118138View attachment 118139View attachment 118140View attachment 118141View attachment 118142
You are very close to me! I'm in Harrisburg. We haven't taken the plunge yet, but have it narrowed to 2 builders if we do decide. Do you mind sharing who is your PB and are you happy with them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.