Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

KaiBee

Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2019
Toms River, NJ
Love2fly,
My ledge is a 10ft circle, I think 14 inches deep. I wanted a place where my little ones could still have fun without being overrun by everyone else splashing and being rough. (Not for tanning). Everyone ends up hanging out there though and it's plenty of space for that. But I could put 2 loungers/chairs if I wanted and still have room for the baby to play.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: inatae and Love2Fly

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Love2fly,
My ledge is a 10ft circle, I think 14 inches deep. I wanted a place where my little ones could still have fun without being overrun by everyone else splashing and being rough. (Not for tanning). Everyone ends up hanging out there though and it's plenty of space for that. But I could put 2 loungers/chairs if I wanted and still have room for the baby to play.
[/QUOTE]

KaiBee,

Thank you very much. We will also get a tanning ledge and with vinyl its hard to figure what will look more natural or less fake.
You pool is very pretty and I deciding between grey mosaic and reef is a torture.

Ps: beautiful babies!❤

Reactions: KaiBee

kstough

Jun 7, 2019
Ozark, AL
Hi Kstough,

Is your reef liner installed? May I see pictures please?
I am so glad I chose this liner. I'm in love with it! It has some nice variations in color depending on how sunny it is. These 2 pics were taken on the same day. The first one is with full sun, and the other is when the clouds rolled in. Love the color no matter how sunny or cloudy it is.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: KaiBee and Love2Fly

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
I am so glad I chose this liner. I'm in love with it! It has some nice variations in color depending on how sunny it is. These 2 pics were taken on the same day. The first one is with full sun, and the other is when the clouds rolled in. Love the color no matter how sunny or cloudy it is.
Thank you very much for your response and pictures.

inatae

Sep 18, 2018
Kennesaw, GA
Inatae, please may I see a few more pictures your pool?
Sorry for the late reply.... I can't believe we had very few photos of the entire pool. This isn't a great one.... but I will try to get more later. We don't have cool deck, we have regular cement and plan to put something on top later. We did have the cement cut into 3 foot by 3 foot squares, and the cement is actually much cooler than I could have imagined. We live in Georgia where we had plenty of 100 degree days, and never had a problem with the cement.

Attachments

Reactions: Love2Fly

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Sorry for the late reply.... I can't believe we had very few photos of the entire pool. This isn't a great one.... but I will try to get more later. We don't have cool deck, we have regular cement and plan to put something on top later. We did have the cement cut into 3 foot by 3 foot squares, and the cement is actually much cooler than I could have imagined. We live in Georgia where we had plenty of 100 degree days, and never had a problem with the cement.
It’s beautiful.
We are in GA too. We end up choosing the reef liner actually based on past pictures you posted.
We will do the same stone coping.
We decided to go with cool deck because a lot of friends told their regular concrete was very hot.
Again, thank you for sharing.

Reactions: inatae

inatae

Sep 18, 2018
Kennesaw, GA
It’s beautiful.
We are in GA too. We end up choosing the reef liner actually based on past pictures you posted.
We will do the same stone coping.
We decided to go with cool deck because a lot of friends told their regular concrete was very hot.
Again, thank you for sharing.
That is awesome!! Please share some photos when you are able. I know you will be thrilled with the Reef Liner. ;D

• Love
Reactions: Love2Fly

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
@inatae what color of skimmer/drain did you choose? Not sure between white and gray for reef liner. Thank you again.

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Re: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Swampwoman, How is your painted aluminum coping holding up? Also, what kind of paint did you use? We just did a natural stone paver overlay with stone coping around the pool. I want to paint the coping grey so that it blends with the stone better and doesn’t jump out like the white does. Now is the perfect time to paint it before the new liner goes in:)
Please may I see a picture of your pool? What color of drain, skimmer and umbrella holder if any did you pick? Thank you.
@Kennie

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
You were right, it just needed to filter out. The Reef liner color is gorgeous now! This thread really helped me make a decision, so thank you, Swampwoman!

For anyone still deciding, here are a couple pictures. The color changes based on depth, movement, and sun/shade and is just as swampwoman describes it. My yard is mostly sun and I’m loving the color it gives off.

My son couldn’t wait to get in the water so he jumped in in his baseball uniform in case anyone was wondering what that was in the water.

The second picture is of the stairs. I wanted to upload more because the color can vary quite a bit, but it says I’ve reached my quota.

If you need more pictures, there is a pool builder on Houzz, Legendary Escapes Pools, that uses the Reef liner a lot and has a ton of pictures.

I hope this helps someone! I know what a tough decision this can be!

View attachment 80100
View attachment 80101
@Lrleyvas
please what color of skimmer, drain and umbrella holder if any did you choose?

nmiller15

Dec 5, 2019
Tallahassee. FL
THANK YOU for creating this group! My wife and I are going crazy trying to select a liner and it's extremely hard! Just like you said, it's really hard to find any examples and real pictures of what they all look like with water. Thank you, thank you!!

nmiller15

Dec 5, 2019
Tallahassee. FL
We just had a new liner installed in our pool. We selected a pattern called Stonewall Mosaic from Fox Pools. It is a 30 ml vinyl. It's similar to the Tan Mosaic liner posted early in this thread by TheBraLady only it is blue/grey vs tan. We were very tempted to go with the tan but, like others, were afraid of the potential for a muddy look in the shallow end. From the pictures posted here this doesn't seem to have really been a concern as all the pools with tan liners look great. That said, we are happy with the appearance of our pool. It's a very dramatic deep blue with wonderful highlights from the deep end when the sun hits the pool. Highly recommended.

Here is the liner...

...and the pool

Love the pool! What do you have for coping around the edge of the pool? Thank you!

nmiller15

Dec 5, 2019
Tallahassee. FL
Okay, I did it!
Pulled the trigger on the impossible-to-get kafko Reef pattern! They're having to have it made in Canada and then imported, and we're not actually scheduling the install date until after we have our new roof done and observatory built (don't want any stray nails on a new liner) so the install date will be in flux for the next month or so and I may end up not installing til spring but I'm glad to have signed up and ordered it!

It took 2 things to finally decide. First, when looking at the 6'x6' purchased sample in the water, I discovered that if I looked at it with my hands cupped to "see" only te liner section it really did look the way I intended.
Second, I bought a $10 blue lense filter for my old incadescent pool light and decided I liked it for night swimming ;)

Think I have a pic with the sample on an installed pool, but I will eventually post in-my-own-pool pics.

Here it is in a gorgeous stone deck setting...which of course will now make me want a gorgeous stone deck ;) (Hubby likes to say "it all starts with the shoes" when it comes to me and project creep!)

View attachment 52106

View attachment 52107
This Reef liner looks amazing! Looks like no border, correct?