Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

perryvagianos

Jun 6, 2016
Winnipeg
Hi all, my first post here, happy to join this forum after getting valuable information from it :) We're in the process of building a pool and struggled hard with the liner choice. We want that aqua turquoise caribbean look, so we were pushed towards the tan patterns. I love the color it gives off in the deep end, but not so much in the shallow end, also our decking and home color palette is gray/white. After much back and forth and almost going with a white/quartz pattern (which will give off a bright aqua), I believe we are confident in the REEF pattern by Latham. Anyone have any experiences with this liner? Hoping it will be bright and Caribbean (turqoise/green) enough for our liking!

Thoughts?

Reactions: inatae

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Re: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

I love that liner! I literally just stumbled across it today looking at pools at a Kaftko site: If you haven't seen these, this is what it looks like with water in it...but I dont yet know if my performance dealer can get it ;)

Oops, on wrong iPad. I will go get the other and post the pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Here's a screenshot from the kafko (Canadian version) catalog: note, this is a 30 mil liner and seems most avail in Canada.
View attachment 49753

perryvagianos

Jun 6, 2016
Winnipeg

Thanks for the response and for the pictures! It's really tough to tell from pictures on computer screens as the coloring is always different. My monitor is showing the pics coming up as very nice blue tone and I was hoping there would be a little bit more turquoise/green in there as well.

I'm 99% sure i'm going with the REEF liner, the other 1% is intrigued by the Crystal Quartz

I've been told the Crystal Quartz liner would give a real turquoise look, just a bit scared of all the white in there that's all.

I love that liner! I literally just stumbled across it today looking at pools at a Kaftko site: If you haven't seen these, this is what it looks like with water in it...but I dont yet know if my performance dealer can get it ;)

Oops, on wrong iPad. I will go get the other and post the pic

View attachment 49754View attachment 49755

View attachment 49752

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 49756

Here's a screenshot from the kafko (Canadian version) catalog: note, this is a 30 mil liner and seems most avail in Canada.
View attachment 49753

Sparker

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
Indiana
I've been planning on a Gold Pebble for the last 6 months.....but Reef is gorgeous!! Also like the gray. Does anyone know if Sandstone and Tan Mosaic are lighter than gold pebble? I'm more confused then ever and digging starts next week.

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Sparkler, I've been digging in about getting my hands on Reef. Sadly, ive learned that its currently only available in Canada via Kafko.

I probably should have figured that out when I hadn't seen it in any f the US brochures!

I'm in Michigan, but have family in Canada. I called a local Latham distributor who directed me to an indie installer and said she'd look into if she could get it ordered. Some of the pools in the pics are from an Ann Arbor area builder so im going to try to find out how HE got it ;)

I'm letting you know this so you can ask your builder to see f they can get it. Its a 30 mil liner, btw, so thicker than normal, and ergo more expensive. The pattern is available "online" from Grecian Inground Liner - Pool Supplies Canada Scroll down the page, its under their "gold" level liners.

I'm going to see if I can order a 6x9 foot sample ;) I did that with another sample but seeing a large swath across the hopper made me realize that while I liked it, I just didn't love it for my setting, which gets more shade than most.

In my setting, with a tight footprint, I've discovered I've kinda gotta love the tone /pattern itself, not just the effect in full sun.

Reactions: Becmarmil

Diane T.

Apr 18, 2015
Alabama
Sorry I just saw your request. I can't get any photos to load says they exceed something. My profile photo is my pool. My pool never looks just tan. Sometimes you can see small flashes of the tan pebbles in water ripples if you are looking down at the bottom. The water is always some hue of gorgeous turquoise/blue from any vantage point.

Reactions: Chickinvic

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA
canpool,
Would you happen to have any photos of your grey liner. One we are considering is the Courtstone/Natural Grey liner. More pictures would be helpful.
Thanks so much if you have any. They measured our pool yesterday, so it's just us stopping the progress now until we decide on a liner so they can get it ordered.
Sherry

Reactions: Masseymom

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Lovely light colors in those posts.

I've had a revelation here after being outside all day yesterday with a 6'x9' sample on the pool floor. In full sun, I really like seabrook. In twilight, it turns very vey dark. At night, comparatively, I don't like the dark tone when swimming. With my current faded/light colored lining, I like swimming at night and the way the moon hits it.

Since I work really long hours so swim more at dawn and dark, I think m going to have to revisit the discussion with h on light liners. He feels a light liner shows floor debris more and causes me to use robot daily. I've just realized I absolutely do not care about a liner's ability to hide dirt...I only care about how I feel in response to the color ;)

Zappafan

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2014
Hampton, IL.
I cannot say how much I love my liner. I love the "natural" color. Lighting at night is vibrant and amazing because it doesn't artificially tint. It is like swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean everyday. As far as the dirt, I want to know where it is, a lot of times I throw on a mask and take the small net and scoop it off the bottom if I don't feel like vacuuming. Won't ever have a dark liner again!

Reactions: Chickinvic

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi all. Thanks for the eye candy ;) Now post some more for the benefit of all those other posters looking for in-pool liner pics!

In my own quest, I've purchased a sample of Reef, only sold in Canada, through a distributor, to do another in-pool test. It may be a few weeks yet til it gets here. But that doesn't mean I'm not still looking ;)

jstblush

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pasco, WA

Swampwoman,
Well, we finally made a decision and still not sure if it's the right one. I about drove myself crazy looking for pictures and trying to see if we could actually go see some of the ones we were interested in. Just didn't work out. So with work and a few other major things going on here, we just picked one. I was driving my husband nuts and he just wants to get it installed....you know...just pick one. The one we have now is a light colored liner. We wanted one that was darker blue but not super dark. I was very interested in the tan and grey. But I just couldn't take the leap of faith without seeing one in person because in one photo they look great and in another they would not look so great. Then I got to thinking....when have I seen a pool and went "Yuck, that's an ugly pool." So I'm sure it will be fine. At least I hope so. We went with Mountain Top/Blue Mosaic. I'm not that crazy about the border in some of the pictures I've seen. I thought about just having no border on it but my husband thought that would look blah. HA! The one telling me to just pick one has an opinion after all! hahahaha Anyhow, I will post photos after it's installed for anyone interested.
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, supercanadian,
I love Pacific Quartz. Very beautiful!
Sherry

- - - Updated - - -

reindeerboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
Jamestown, ND
Just installed our design called Key West. Comes from Tara Liners. Link is attached here: Key West

Pic listed below. Funny thing for us is I tried an experiment to see what my wife would choose and she picked this exact same thing. Pretty cool!

Attachments