Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

jenlov9

May 1, 2018
Lake Charles, LA
Re: Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Hi all. A poster messaged me asking for pics of reef at different times of day. I’m going to see if I can dig up a few to post here since messaging doesn’t support uploads.
Cheers, swampy

Inside dome, so diffused morning light:
View attachment 77351

Autumn afternoon, I think
View attachment 77352

View attachment 77353

View attachment 77354

View attachment 77355

- - - Updated - - -

None of those were in full sun but I think there are some already in this thread that show sun ;)
thank you for the pics!! I've been looking at pics online of this, and they are all SO different! Do you feel like it has a turquoise tint to it? That is what I'm reading online and was hoping for, but some of the pics are just a true light blue. I'm so torn! I signed my contract yesterday, and I'm already second guessing myself on Reef. haha!!
Jen

- - - Updated - - -

Jenlov9, we are choosing between Reef and Creekstone. I have searched everywhere and it’s been very difficult to find images of creekstone. I hope you have better luck than I have! My pool goes in next week!
Did you get it installed yet?? looking forward to see what you chose and what it looks like!!

Lrleyvas

Sep 17, 2017
Mendon, MA

Jenlov9, they start digging tomorrow but it will be several weeks before the liner is installed. I will post pics once it’s done. I can’t stop second guessing myself either!

jenlov9

May 1, 2018
Lake Charles, LA

Jenlov9, they start digging tomorrow but it will be several weeks before the liner is installed. I will post pics once it’s done. I can’t stop second guessing myself either!
I can't wait to see it! What shape did you choose? We had to sign our contract on Monday. I actually ended up calling yesterday to change it back to the Gold Pebble line that I had originally picked b/c it will go better with the gray steps we chose. I just couldn't picture the dark gray steps with the Reef! We have seen the gold pebble in person twice, and it looks much darker and not as green in person. Totally different than the pics of it.

Lrleyvas

Sep 17, 2017
Mendon, MA

I’m glad your gut led you to a decision! Really, I have yet to see a liner I don’t like.

We chose to build a concrete wall, vinyl lined 18x38 rectangle. The hole is enormous!

I can't wait to see it! What shape did you choose? We had to sign our contract on Monday. I actually ended up calling yesterday to change it back to the Gold Pebble line that I had originally picked b/c it will go better with the gray steps we chose. I just couldn't picture the dark gray steps with the Reef! We have seen the gold pebble in person twice, and it looks much darker and not as green in person. Totally different than the pics of it.

Kylie

May 28, 2018
Zeeland, mi
If anyone has more pics of Fresco II PLEASE post them! This is agonizing!!!!
Would love to see more of seabrook, gemstone or royal prism if anyone has more of those!

Looseeluv

May 19, 2018
Los Lunas New Mexico

Hi. My husband and I just signed a contract for a pool today. Nervous and excited. We are also curious If anyone used the butterfly effect pearl vinyl liner. It’s a new pearlscape with iridescent inks? Curious what your thoughts are about it and would love to see pictures!

Joesgirl

Jun 6, 2018
Ontario Canada

Hello all,
I'm a new visitor to this site and am also trying to figure out a liner colour! Any advice/suggestions between Reef or the Grey Mosaic (both without border). I really prefer the teal/turquoise colour but am afraid of the grey Mosaic being too dark...
Help!!

Lrleyvas

Sep 17, 2017
Mendon, MA
I had my reef liner installed today. The color is far greener than I expected so I’m going to give it a few days to level out before posting pictures. Fingers crossed it turns more blue! Either way, I’ll post pics soon.

Reactions: inatae

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
My best guess is that your startup water is a bit tinted, which sometimes happens on a fresh fill TIL it’s filtered for a few days.
In bright sun, mine might get turquoise blue; in shade/clouds more predominantly blue.

Lrleyvas

Sep 17, 2017
Mendon, MA
You were right, it just needed to filter out. The Reef liner color is gorgeous now! This thread really helped me make a decision, so thank you, Swampwoman!

For anyone still deciding, here are a couple pictures. The color changes based on depth, movement, and sun/shade and is just as swampwoman describes it. My yard is mostly sun and I’m loving the color it gives off.

My son couldn’t wait to get in the water so he jumped in in his baseball uniform in case anyone was wondering what that was in the water.

The second picture is of the stairs. I wanted to upload more because the color can vary quite a bit, but it says I’ve reached my quota.

If you need more pictures, there is a pool builder on Houzz, Legendary Escapes Pools, that uses the Reef liner a lot and has a ton of pictures.

I hope this helps someone! I know what a tough decision this can be!

B405C734-31DA-4A4C-BA94-F239F2039614.jpg
1CB50B70-75C6-4D6C-892F-AB27BB1AB31F.jpg

jenlov9

May 1, 2018
Lake Charles, LA
It's so pretty!! I hope I don't regret changing mine from Reef to Gold Pebble at the last minute! I wasn't liking the pics I saw online of the reef with the gray steps (our PB doesn't do lined steps), so I ended up calling and having it switched!

PhotoBug

May 25, 2017
Erial, NJ

Hello all,
I'm a new visitor to this site and am also trying to figure out a liner colour! Any advice/suggestions between Reef or the Grey Mosaic (both without border). I really prefer the teal/turquoise colour but am afraid of the grey Mosaic being too dark...
Help!!
I have a grey mosaic and LOVE it. My pool is in the sun until 2 then is completed shaded. I too worried about it being too dark especially because it’s shaded. In bright sun, it takes on a beautiful teal color and isn’t dark at all. In shade it is a bit darker but not as dark as you may think. I will try to take some pics for you tomorrow. (Took me a while to clear my swamp this year but now it’s beautiful!)

Tenamarie123

Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2017
Warren, MI
You were right, it just needed to filter out. The Reef liner color is gorgeous now! This thread really helped me make a decision, so thank you, Swampwoman!

For anyone still deciding, here are a couple pictures. The color changes based on depth, movement, and sun/shade and is just as swampwoman describes it. My yard is mostly sun and I’m loving the color it gives off.

My son couldn’t wait to get in the water so he jumped in in his baseball uniform in case anyone was wondering what that was in the water.

The second picture is of the stairs. I wanted to upload more because the color can vary quite a bit, but it says I’ve reached my quota.

If you need more pictures, there is a pool builder on Houzz, Legendary Escapes Pools, that uses the Reef liner a lot and has a ton of pictures.

I hope this helps someone! I know what a tough decision this can be!

View attachment 80100
View attachment 80101
Looks gorgeous!!! Love the turquoise hue I'm seeing. My Reef liner just got delivered this morning. Hoping to see what it looks like with water within the next couple days. I'll post pics when it's in!!

Lrleyvas

Sep 17, 2017
Mendon, MA
Thanks!

Jenlove9, Gold pebble is what my husband really wanted. It looks beautiful online! I can’t wait to see pictures!

Tenamarie123, how exciting that your liner is in! Reef gives off so many beautiful tones. I’m always excited to come home and see it, lol! My pool took about 36 hours of filtering to reach its actual color so don’t panic if it looks green. The water company told me the drinking water they put in the pool was crystal clear (and it was in the shallow end) and the green was from liner. They were wrong! I can’t wait for pictures!

michelleca

Feb 8, 2018
Malverne/NY

- - - Updated - - -

It's been so cold in Rochester, NY that the pool has had the solar blanket on almost since it was opened May 14th. I know I owe some new liner pictures from install last year! These are sunny pictures. The stairs are textured.
Love this!! What is the name of the liner/brand? I looked in your posts, but couldn't find the name. It looks almost identical to awstevens but I'm not sure.