Views from the bottom of my pool

jmills

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Billerica MA
Thanks to this forum I have the nicest pool water I have ever been in. It is also incredibly clear. Here are a few fun photos showing off my water. These are all real. The only image processing was to shrink them.

Yes those are real ring bubbles. I just love blowing them. I had to keep quite still and hold my breath for a while to let the surface calm down to get these shots.

JLM

Opus4

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2009
Central NJ
Those were interesting. I keep thinking I should find an underwater camera.

And, what's funny to me is that I discovered by accident yesterday that you could blow ring bubbles. :)

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
Those pics were great! :party: Isn't it a great feeling to have the best looking water on the block :whoot: . So tell me, how DO you blow ring bubbles? I know it is something at which I will want to try my hand or shall I say...lips :wink:

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
The pics are stunning. Nice work on your water quality.

Now, the important part.....PLEASE tell us how to blow ring bubbles....inquiring minds want to know! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Opus4

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2009
Central NJ
I don't know about jmills, but I ended up with ring bubbles by being at the bottom of the pool, looking up, then simply letting out a little air. I didn't blow the air out; just sort of quickly opened & closed my mouth to let some air out. My daughters & I had been watching each other blow air bubbles & I wanted to see the bubbles from below... and sometimes, rings happen.

Edit: I particularly like the 2nd photo, loooking up at the trees, because it practically looks like there is no water.

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
I don't have a waterproof camera, so I'm SOL there. But I may just try the ring bubbles. I can blow smoke rings, it ought to be similar....

Water looks great. You need to invite some folks over, preferably someone with a milky pool. Their kids are likely to blurt out the obvious :mrgreen:

My wife's best friend brings her kids over to swim, even though their apartment complex has a pool. The kids like the clean pool better, and mom actually will get in here.

jmills

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Billerica MA
To blow ring bubble you do have to have your moth pointing straight up. I use a scuba mask to keep the water out of my nose and see what I am doing. Next pucker your lips like for a kiss. Then puff out a short blast of air. With practice you can get different sizes depending on how much air you expel. Start small, its more reliable.

JLM

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I gotta admit, I spend about 2 hours trying to blow ring bubbles yesterday evening. I got it! Thanks jmills for the little lesson. My life is now complete!!

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
This reminds me of a time long pass where we use to sit on the bottom of a 18ft deep pool and blow bubbles and sometimes bubble rings. They lasted, what seemed, forever as they made their way to the top.

I think if I went down 18 feet these days, my head would implode.

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
Thank you for the inservice on how to blow ring bubbles or is it bubble rings :?: I'll be glad to pay you in lessons on how to speak Pig Latin :pig:

Kias; laughed heartily at an imploding head. You crack me up.

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
Re: Re: Views from the bottom of my pool

Dora said:
I wonder what the shock level for that would be....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Re: Re: Views from the bottom of my pool

Kias said:
Dora said:
I wonder what the shock level for that would be....

I guess it all depends on whether or not you have s@%#! for brains!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
OMG!! I just spewed my drink all over my phone LMAO!!