Vibration/Humming from FILTER

Lotomag

Jul 18, 2019
Massachusetts
I replaced my cartridge in May but recently had issues with chemical levels. Once I got the levels back to normal I vacuumed the pool after about 3 days of good chemical levels. Once I finished I took my cartridge out of the filter and hosed it down pretty good. I cleaned and re-lubbed the o-ring but it leaked pretty bad and a vibration/humming sound from the filter when it didn't an hour earlier. Pulled it back apart about 4/5 times and even flipped the cartridge a couple of times but it still leaked and still made a vibration/humming sound. I replaced the o-ring with a new one and the leaking stopped and the noise level was lower but it still makes that vibration/humming sound, you can hear it from over 24 feet away (pool is 21 ft round). My pressure gage since I bought the system was around 20 psi, it now is about 17/18 psi (not sure why). When I put my hand in front of the "return jet" and raise the psi to 20 or just over the vibration/humming stops. What can I do to stop the noise?

Thanks for any and all help

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

Try running the filter without the cartridge in it and see if the vibration disappears.

I suspect something may be loose or ripped in the cartridge.