Verifiaction of "CSI correction" thought process

Alset2

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Cent Fl
Hello again, so my CSI has crept up and I have been playing around with pool math and see that PH and TA have a pretty good effect on CSI . I also see the CH plays a big role but I dont want to add CH to my pool.
I have started the process of adjusting my acid injection so that my PH will rise and help with this ...anyways . let me list my thoughts and please tell me if I am on the right track .

1-I do not want to add calcium.

2- I want to raise my PH up to around 7.7 (just below 7.8) to help CSI and give me a slight buffer for spikes.

3-My TA dropped a little and I considered raising it but dont want to do too many things at one time .

I am assuming that you can see my pool math logs and notes but if not , I will edit and post results here.

any input is always appreciated .

Thanks

PS- on some of my notes I am simply logging my observations between the different test methods / kits

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Yeah, looking at your logs, it appears your CSI has been falling in the past couple weeks, probably from consistent use of acid. I don't think your CH needs to be increased at the moment either. More than anything I'd let the pH go ahead and rise a bit as you noted. If the pool wants to settle at 7.7-7.8, that's fine. It's quite common for salt pools anyways. A pH of 7.7 or so will help increase your CSI just enough to stay slightly negative, but not too low.

Alset2

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Cent Fl
Thanks for response.
I have since adjusted my acid injection down to 5% . I also have my water fall (36" shear decent) running .
For the last 3 days I have been gradually lowering the acid dose but so far the PH has not dropped any. So I went from 25% down to 5% yesterday to see what happens today .
I was just making sure I am thinking correctly by using the PH adjustment instead of something else .

Thanks again