Verifiaction of "CSI correction" thought process

Alset2

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Cent Fl
Hello again, so my CSI has crept up and I have been playing around with pool math and see that PH and TA have a pretty good effect on CSI . I also see the CH plays a big role but I dont want to add CH to my pool.
I have started the process of adjusting my acid injection so that my PH will rise and help with this ...anyways . let me list my thoughts and please tell me if I am on the right track .

1-I do not want to add calcium.

2- I want to raise my PH up to around 7.7 (just below 7.8) to help CSI and give me a slight buffer for spikes.

3-My TA dropped a little and I considered raising it but dont want to do too many things at one time .

I am assuming that you can see my pool math logs and notes but if not , I will edit and post results here.

any input is always appreciated .

Thanks

PS- on some of my notes I am simply logging my observations between the different test methods / kits

Yeah, looking at your logs, it appears your CSI has been falling in the past couple weeks, probably from consistent use of acid. I don't think your CH needs to be increased at the moment either. More than anything I'd let the pH go ahead and rise a bit as you noted. If the pool wants to settle at 7.7-7.8, that's fine. It's quite common for salt pools anyways. A pH of 7.7 or so will help increase your CSI just enough to stay slightly negative, but not too low.

Thanks for response.
I have since adjusted my acid injection down to 5% . I also have my water fall (36" shear decent) running .
For the last 3 days I have been gradually lowering the acid dose but so far the PH has not dropped any. So I went from 25% down to 5% yesterday to see what happens today .
I was just making sure I am thinking correctly by using the PH adjustment instead of something else .

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.