Venting Hayward NG Heater

Van G

Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Toronto
I built a small shed around my equipment last year and will finish with doors this spring which means I need to vent heater.

I have the H-Series NG 350K BTU Heater converted with the Heat Fab EZ Seal 8” kit but need some straights , elbow, and horiz wall penetration.

This stuff is crazy expensive - $800 CAD

Are there other options/brands to vent?

Last edited:
You looking for options for a different model heater or for different vent materials using the H heater?

Looking at what I think is the manual for your heater: https://hayward-pool-assets.com/ass.../manuals/h-series-millivolt-owners-manual.pdf , pay attention to pages 8,9,&10 regarding venting. You should not need to have stainless steel venting as the "H" heater is not 90% efficient and therefore not a "condensing" heater. You should follow all recommendations in the venting instructions including openings in your enclosure for combustion and ventilation free air. It looks like the vent sizing for an H350 is 9", not 8". Follow all recommendations regarding draft hoof, extension beyond the enclosure, vent cap and vent piping support. This is all listed in the manual.

I've already got the Indoor Pos. Pressure Horizontal 8" Vent Adapter Kit (H350FD - UHXPOSHZ13501) installed and temp venting to take exhaust outside the shed while doors are off.

Calls for AL29‐4C which is single wall special gas vent (stainless steel).
If using HeatFab EZ Seal I need:
9814 Vent 8" x 90 Degree Elbow EZ Seal AL29-4C
9805 Vent 8" x 24" Length EZ Seal AL29-C Heat Fab
5890CI Vent, EZ 8" Screen & Ins. Wall Penetration Termination

Was hoping there was another supplier that peeps would know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.