Variation in Chlorine drop test results (TF-100 kit)

abradleydvm

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
Denison , tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been testing frequently while transitioning from tabs to bleach . I am getting variation in results .... yesterday 7.5. , 10.5,9,9.5 and today I did two 5.5 and 7 .... I use a healing scoop but some are bigger than others ... does this affect the results ? I used same spot in pool but different samples on each

The R0870 powder amount does not matter, as long as you add enough. If the sample turns pink, you used enough.

More likely, is droplet size of the R0871 reagent.

Bottle vertical, do not squeeze the bottle. Droplets should form and fall of the end of the tip once every second or so.

You say, transitioning.

Either you are transitioning with tabs and still have the feeder on or filled with tabs still, or turned off the feeder. removed all tabs. and are on TFP.

Please clarify.
Feeder is emptied ... no tabs .... no graular shock ... only liquid chlorine ... I started last week and I am keeping my FCL levels between target and minimum for my CYA . I am testing twice daily just to get an idea of how much chlorine loss I have daily . I am adding acid to decrease my ph to 7.4 as it rises to 7.8 so as to get my TA down . My CYA came down this past week some already but I bought a sump pump and plan to do a water transfer in the next couple of weeks . I AM A TFP BELIEVER ... ALL IN ??????

Feeder is emptied ... no tabs .... no graular shock ... only liquid chlorine ... I started last week and I am keeping my FCL levels between target and minimum for my CYA . I am testing twice daily just to get an idea of how much chlorine loss I have daily . I am adding acid to decrease my ph to 7.4 as it rises to 7.8 so as to get my TA down . My CYA came down this past week some already but I bought a sump pump and plan to do a water transfer in the next couple of weeks . I AM A TFP BELIEVER ... ALL IN ??????
I'm with you on this one, TFP all the way. My water never looked clearer. When I got my first pool I went to the store and spent about $300. "Oh yeah, you're going to need this" they said and handed me a chlorine tab floatie and a bucket of tabs. I used to fill it religiously and although my pool had it's good days where the water was crystal clear, the smell of chlorine, cost of chemical upkeep and struggle was too much. TFP is so much easier and cheaper it's hard to believe. But the best thing is how empowering it is to be able to troubleshoot and correct issues yourself.

I'm with you on this one, TFP all the way. My water never looked clearer. When I got my first pool I went to the store and spent about $300. "Oh yeah, you're going to need this" they said and handed me a chlorine tab floatie and a bucket of tabs. I used to fill it religiously and although my pool had it's good days where the water was crystal clear, the smell of chlorine, cost of chemical upkeep and struggle was too much. TFP is so much easier and cheaper it's hard to believe. But the best thing is how empowering it is to be able to troubleshoot and correct issues yourself.
Yep! Amen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.