Valve programming

Bob,

The IC chips tell a small relay to switch.. This relay is what moves the 28 VAC from the Red wire to the White wire or visa versa...

So, one of two things.. The relay is bad, or system is not telling the relay to move..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I've been trying to find a schematic on line to determine the electrical flow so that I could test the proper components. No luck. Dont know which relay to check, but I think this ison the right track because the 28V never gets to the white wire

Try plugging into the valve B socket and then assign valve B to solar.
OK, I moved the solar actuator connector to Valve B. I assigned it to solar. Was not able to un-assign valve A from solar so it still says used solar for valve A. Says solar for valve B. Tried it. No difference. However if I press the solar button on the easytouch 8 panel it valve moves. But will not move on its own.

Ok, it looks like a programming issue.

You're just going to have to go through the programming and see what's off.

Maybe reset the system to factory settings and redo the programming.

Bob,

If you press the Solar button and the valve works, that means the chip set, the relay, the actuator are all working.. Was this with the actuator plugged into A or B??

The automation just does not know you want solar on.. Not sure why??

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. I'm not sure exactly what's going on. Possibly a defect in the valve A power switch. I think that valve B should work once you make sure that the programming is correct.

What are the readings of the water temperature and the solar temperature?

If the solar temperature isn't about 5 degrees higher than the water temperature, the solar won't activate.

Solar temperature differential start up and run settings.
Start: Set the temperature differential to start heating from 3° to 9°. For example, if “Start” is set to 3°, this ensures that the temperature has to deviate by 3° at least to the specified set point temperature (in the Heat menu, on page 25) before it switches on.
Once the solar comes on it will start converging as it is heating. This ensures that it will not continually be switching on and off.

Last edited:
What are the readings of the water temperature and the solar temperature?

If the solar temperature isn't about 5 degrees higher than the water temperature, the solar won't activate.

Solar temperature differential start up and run settings.
Start: Set the temperature differential to start heating from 3° to 9°. For example, if “Start” is set to 3°, this ensures that the temperature has to deviate by 3° at least to the specified set point temperature (in the Heat menu, on page 25) before it switches on.
Once the solar comes on it will start converging as it is heating. This ensures that it will not continually be switching on and off.
I never looked on the screen for the solar temp. Wow. so obvious I didn't think of it. The solar temp reads 245 degrees! Guess its all been a bad sensor all this time. I'm so sorry to have wasted everyone's time. Including mine. LOL. My apologies . Thanks for all your help and input. At least I learned a lot.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Ok, hopefully a new sensor will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

:goodjob:
its even better. I found a spot on the insulation up on the roof at the sensor connection and the wire was broken. Never thought to check the sensor line. how stupid was that? Just goes to show you. Even though its electronic, always remember the basics and check them first. Thanks to all. Really sorry.

Reactions: JamesW and Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.