Valve programming lost after power shut off?

Hilly,

You have the cleaner set up as "master cleaner", so anytime the cleaner/sweep is on, it should force the main pump on.

It could be a bad Aux 1 relay, but it could also be that the ET is not telling the relay to turn on..

The high voltage pins are at the bottom of the relay.. on the top side of the relay are two small red/black wires that go to the relay's coil. When the ET puts about 24 VDC voltage on the coil pins the relay should close.. When the relay should be closed, there should be 24 VDC between the two coil pins..

If there is no voltage, make sure that the Aux 1 coil wires are plugged into the Aux 1 connector on main board.

I am assuming that you are doing all of these tests when the system is in the "Auto" mode and not "Service" mode..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Update: I managed to stumble upon the solution and everything is now fixed. I went ahead and swapped one of the unused relays but that did not solve the issue, which ruled out a bad relay. Up until now there’s been another problem that I’ve been ignoring that I did not believe could be related. my outside air temperature sensor was showing an error and caused the freeze projection to kick on, so I had turned off the freeze protection while dealing with everything else. So today I opened the motherboard faceplate and found that one of the temp sensor wire leads had disconnected. I reconnected it and then tried the sweep pump one more time thinking that there’s no way this could Have been contributing to the sweep issues. However this time this sweep pump kicked on and everything seems to be back to normal. I would love a technical explanation as to why the temp sensor would cause this headache???

Jimrahbe and Rocket, I really appreciate you spending the time to help me through this. I would never have figured this out on my own. Thanks again!

Hilly,

I am not sure why the temp sensor had the effect it did, I just assume that if the system was in freeze control mode that maybe that keeps the master cleaner off.. :scratch:

Glad you were able to get it fixed... :thumleft:

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.