Vac to waste question.

dunginhawk

Bronze Supporter
Jul 10, 2018
CLIVE/IA
So My pool is in, they are pouring final concrete this afternoon... So I am in the process of brushing down the sides and getting it cleaned up... Its FILTY... The water isnt terrible but there is a ton of dirt and debris on the bottom.
I dont necessarily want to run that through my filter too badly (i guess i can and just clean them twice or something) It seems vaccing to waste would be better.
However my concern is that I wont get 1/5th o the pool vacced before the water is too low to flow in to the skimmer... Then i wait hours to fill it up, only to do it again, partially.

Any decent options here?
thanks

I don't see your filter listed in your siggy??

You can vac to the filter...that's what its there for. Remember that a slightly dirty filter actually works better than a scrupulously clean one. Don't try to make sense of that :laughblue: it just *is*.

Maddie :flower:

If you can find one anywhere, get a leaf gulper. It's a round 3-wheeled unit that you connect your pole and water hose to. Turn the water on, the venturini effect of the water will pull any large debris off the pool floor into a mesh bag which you can dump out once full. Nothing goes to your filter, except all the silt you will stir up, which is a good thing. Lowes and Walmart used to carry them in bulk, but I'm not seeing any on the shelves this year. Hopefully you can still find on Amazon. I need to replace mine this year.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Oh yeah, definitely avoid solid debris getting to the filter! You will use a skimmer plate vac I'm guessing? So that solids go into the skimmer for later disposal? Try a skimmer sock too, simply mah-va-las for the task!

So its a 4 speed pentair pump... Cartidge filter (i dont have all the details til i get the docs from my PB). I ran it through the filter last night and the basket near the pump caught all the rocks, and all that was left in the filter was a LOT of dirt, and the bottom had a lot of sand in it... which is fine , i can shop vac that out later too. So from what I can tell if I vac to filter it should work..
There is no leaves or anything in the pool all just dirt and small rocks from backfil, concrete etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.