schwim123

May 24, 2022
Franklin, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I know that Trichlor pucks are frowned upon on here but I’d like to use some while on vacation for 5 days since CYA is only 40. If I get the pool up to shock level (16) before we leave, how many 3 inch pucks should I put in a floater so FC won’t drop below target level 5 days later in 90 degree weather? How do I prevent a floater from parking itself in the mouth of the skimmer, behind the ladder, or along a step in the shallow end when the pump shuts off at night? Since PH is 7.6 and TA is 70, do we need to adjust PH or TA before leaving since Trichlor lowers PH and TA? Could we possibly get by with no chlorine additions for 5 days if we shock it before leaving and add Trichlor pucks or should I hire someone to come over in 3 days to add some liquid chlorine?

I would put three pucks in the floater. Tie it off to something to keep it out of the shallow end.

No need to adjust pH. Test when you return.

Reactions: schwim123
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.