Using old Polaris in-line filter with new Pentair Legend

I just installed a new Pentair Legend pool cleaner after our old Polaris 380 died last year. The Legend quick connects to the wall adapter used by the old Polaris, no problem. However, the wall adapter is located at least 2 feet below the edge of the deck and I've been getting flat out on my belly to connect/disconnect as I clean the pool after recent opening. The old Polaris used an in-line filter (like this Amazon.com: CMP 25563-080-000 In-Line Filter Replacement for Zodiac Polaris 48-080: Garden Outdoor) and when we disconnected it, we just unscrewed the line where the filter is. I could do this on my knees. I currently barely have enough reach to connect/disconnect the fitting from the wall.

My questions is, could I remove the Legend's filter from the quick connect and instead install the length of tubing that contains the Polaris in-line filter on the Legend's hose? And if I did this, where on the hose would I install it - before the first swivel or after it? And would it interfere with the Legend's operation at all?

Thanks so much for any advice!

This is not in my bag to tricks but here is a bump to get it in front of more eyes. If you don't get an answer then I say try it and see what happens. Has to be better than getting on your tummy when ever you need to move it :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.