Using In-Ground Dolphin for Above Ground Pool - Is It OK?

amityeric

Jul 2, 2021
Vancouver, WA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I tried using an M200 on my above ground pool (30x18) and it just WOULD NOT pick up the dirt. I returned it. I think something was wrong with it.

I talked to a pool dealer here in my town and he told me that the in-ground vacuums have different brushes (made for hard surfaces).

I just picked up an Active 10 but honestly I hate the cable. A local dealer will sell me the Active 20 with a 15% discount. Then I can have the swivel cable. But then I’m back to using an in-ground vacuum for my above ground pool.

I’m a bit reticent to try it based on my bad luck with the M200.

Thoughts?

daddyoh

Gold Supporter
Sep 17, 2009
Lathrop, California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I tried using an M200 on my above ground pool (30x18) and it just WOULD NOT pick up the dirt. I returned it. I think something was wrong with it.

I talked to a pool dealer here in my town and he told me that the in-ground vacuums have different brushes (made for hard surfaces).

I just picked up an Active 10 but honestly I hate the cable. A local dealer will sell me the Active 20 with a 15% discount. Then I can have the swivel cable. But then I’m back to using an in-ground vacuum for my above ground pool.

I’m a bit reticent to try it based on my bad luck with the M200.

Thoughts?
Check this one out!

OR This one.

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I have the nautilus cc - its a wall climber - no issues thus far. I just have the regular non swivel cord & it doesn’t really twist up.

Reactions: amityeric
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread