Used Aquatrol SWG with GLX Cell 5 Turbo install confimation

jbuckster07

Apr 24, 2019
North Canton
Good morning, everyone, I recently picked up a used system for $200 bucks recently and I just want to confirm a couple things.

- Reading the manual it looks like there are 2 options for installing the cell. One where its installed vertically next to the return line, this one does not require a flow switch. Then a second install horizontally that would require a flow switch. I did not receive a flow switch with the unit, so if you were in my shoes, which way would you install the cell?
- The coupler that came with the unit has like a 1" nipple coming out of it for I'm guessing flexible pipe. My installation would be all PVC at 1.5" IIRC. Does the output need to be that small or would it make a difference if I upped the outflow to the size of my PVC pipe
- I havent dove deep into the unit yet. But is there some kind of a switch for turning the whole thing on manually? The aquatrol as the built in pool timer but since this is my first pool timer not sure exactly how it works. Is there something I need to do on the wiring side that I can add a manual switch or something? This would mainly be for vacuum times where I dont need to run the swg.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.