Use pucks to raise CYA?

mepot101

May 25, 2019
Orlando, Fl
I am converting to a salt pool, can I use the bucket of pucks I have to raise the cya, or should I just get some conditioner to raise it? Currently use liquid chlorine, and keep my cya around 30, need to raise it to 60 or so.
Comments?

Pucks can take weeks to raise your CYA. Adding stabilizer can raise your CYA in a few days.

I would add stabilizer and get your CYA to what your new SWG needs and move on.

Reactions: Oly
Bitcoin............Makes me nervouso_O
I've had that bucket of pucks 4 years, since I drained my pool to lower
the cya. ( before I knew better). Figured I'd make use of them, but you're right, they may be good as gold soon.(y)

I used to do this when my pool was only 11k gallons. It took about two weeks to get to 30ppm CYA which was fine for me. But now my pool is nearly double that size and availability notwithstanding, using tabs is not really time-effective...i'd be in the middle of pool season by the time I got enough CYA in the pool. So for the first time I actually purchased granular CYA...man is that stuff a PITA. Thankfully it should only need to be done once a season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.