Par4monkey

Jul 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello. So I should be celebrating my first successful attempt at a SLAM. However, my water level is dropping rapidly.
In my area we had very heavy storms last night (during my SLAM). Prior to going to bed I pumped out enough water that there was a small window at the top of my skimmer to allow it to work. This morning, water level is below the arrow!
Things I did differently yesterday then any other normal day… Really tried to brush around light because I saw algae behind it, used the manual vacuum with skimmer plate/sock in an attempt to avoid any dead algae going to cartridge (no waste setting). I emailed my pool company around 4:45 am when I was finishing up my OTCL test. I turned off the skimmer valve. Pool pump is still on since I have main drains. Anything I can try to trouble shoot prior to hearing from pool company? Many thanks to any and all who try to help me! I am very stressed with this pool season already and put summers have just begun in Pittsburgh!
*pool equipment sits much lower then actual pool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 9
With heavy rains, probably no way to see if there was a water leak near ground level. I'm assuming you used a separate sump pump to lower the water level? If everything was fine before you did some cleaning/brushing, I can't help but wonder if you might have disturbed a gasket somewhere or the brushing didn't result in a tear somewhere? Strange it just happened. Pool looks new.

With heavy rains, probably no way to see if there was a water leak near ground level. I'm assuming you used a separate sump pump to lower the water level? If everything was fine before you did some cleaning/brushing, I can't help but wonder if you might have disturbed a gasket somewhere or the brushing didn't result in a tear somewhere? Strange it just happened. Pool looks new.
Thank you for e quick reply. My initial thought was maybe the gasket around the light. The loss seems significant in a short period of time.
So here is a question…and I will feel very stupid if this is the cause but also very relieved….

I ran the submersible utility pump For only about 40 minutes before I unplugged it. I left it in the water thinking I may need to drain more this morning. Despite being unplugged, is it possible the hose continued to siphon water out of the pool ? I’ll feel really stupid if that’s the case but also very relieved.

Despite being unplugged, is it possible the hose continued to siphon water out of the pool
It is ABSOLUTELY possible. It can drain the pool to the lower level of the hose outlet if it’s downhill. Once they equalize the flow stops.
🤞For you :)

It is ABSOLUTELY possible. It can drain the pool to the lower level of the hose outlet if it’s downhill. Once they equalize the flow stops.
🤞For you :)
OMG…I sure hope it’s just a one time mistake on my part that will never happen again! I’m adding water now so we will see how it goes once it’s back to its normal level. Thinking of putting the pump in my baby pool and trying it to see if it will continue to siphon once unplugged. Thanks for giving me hope! Hoping I’m just a dumba**

I made the mistake of turning my pool pump off while on the waste setting *exactly* once. 😁

With 2 inch plumbing it was a lot easier to spot 30 mins later.

There are more members of this club than there are at TFP. The others just haven’t gotten here yet to share their ‘ME TOO’. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.