Upgrade to vs question

Mar 26, 2017
Rotunda,fl
I have pool with a raised spa that has a waterfall that drains to pool. Both run off same 2 hp motor controlled by compool easy touch. Would like to upgrade to a pentair vs inteliflow.my question is will the water flow of my waterfall change when running the pump at low speeds? Any help would be appreciated.

I just completed installation of a SuperFlo Variable Speed Pump and the short answer is "YES". It works exactly as before in "Cleaning" mode (3450RPM) but if I drop it down to 2200RPM, it creates a softer flow providing a little bit of Zen. My wife loves it and so do I. Lower speeds don't cascade so much as just wet it a bit.

I suggest running it in cleaning mode for a while (in my case it runs the Kreepy Krawler too), maybe an hour or two each day, and then down at low speed for a few hours for circulation for the remainder of the time. Adjust run times to suit your pool and spa but you will save money on your power bill with the VS pump. I was skeptical but after using mine this weekend I can see that it is just as clean as before running an hour in clean mode and then turning it down to circulate and generate FC.

You can always crank it up when you are using the pool without any difference from what you're used to now but you don't need it cranked up like that every single day for normal cleaning, filtration and circulation runs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.