Upgrade options for aqua link rs8

tomsop

Oct 18, 2012
My pool spa is controlled by jandy aqua link rs8. I want to buy a variable speed pump like the Intelliflo but I'm concerned about what equipment I need to buy. Obviously my existing controller does not handle variable speeds. I see they sell a circuit board to handle that and it attaches to the rs8 but that seems like a very expensive option when i I am wondering why I can't just buy a totally new controller. What I'm having trouble with is figuring out what I need in addition to the pump to to control the pump from a controller.

It depends how old your Aqualink is. There are two iAqualink RS kits you can purchase. If your system is older than 2007, you get a new control board (swap it out), plus wifi capability (really nice!). The new control board gives you all the new firmware to control variable speed pumps, etc.

Yes, it's pricey.....but in many cases a whole new control system (power supply, control board, etc) is much more.

I purchased my iAqualink RS upgrade from Sunplay.com, and then I purchased/installed a variable speed pump this past weekend (purchased from poolsupplyworld.com)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.