Update Waterfall pump plumbing to add flow control

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Hi all..
So I have a dedicated waterfall pump and circuit. The plumbing is pretty straight forward water comes from the intakes in the pool, through the pump and to the waterfall. Its completely separate from the pool/spa/filter plumbing. I want to add some kind of flow control valve to the plumbing so I can control the flow of the waterfall. A simple two-way valve seems to me would create undo strain on the pump. I have seen setups where a three-way valve is used and the excess water is goes to a dedicated return in the pool. With such a setup can I just tee that line into one of my other return lines (spa, pool, sweep). I suppose I would also need a check valve so the waterfall doesn't flow when the pool pump runs its schedule. Or is there a better way to do this?

M,

My understanding is that having a valve on the output side of the pump will not cause any harm to the pump as long as you just throttle the output down and do not shut it off..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.