**UPDATE**Omnilogic Screen Won't Turn On/Disconnected from Wifi

Hi all. Just pulled up the app to check the water temp and saw where it said the automation had lost connection with the router. Hubby went out to the box to reconnect it but the screen is non responsive. He looked for a blown fuse and did not see any. The pump is still running on it's schedule so that is all working so it appears it is an issue with the screen itself. I just recently (as in 3.5 weeks ago) updated the mmp and msp so we could control our new solar heater through the automation and everything has been working perfectly. I am fairly certain our 3 year warranty expired less than 7 days ago which is just lovely.

Anything we can do aside from having a tech out?

Last edited:
Which screen is non responsive? Is there anything on the display? Does it respond to any button presses?

If it is the screen on the load center you can try reseating the display board.

@JamesW thoughts?

Ok so hubby checked the wire even with his voltmeter and he is getting 120v to the breaker but the screen still is not working. He just went back outside with some pliars to pull the screen off, I believe. 🤷‍♀️ Sigh... Is this typical for the screen to be working 100% perfectly and then poof? Nada? We rarely use the screen as we use the app 98% of the time.

Should we just order a new display and install it ourselves? I have the system backed up on a flash drive from when I did the most recent update 3 weeks ago. The only thing that isn't backed up is the new solar heater that was set up. I am not sure if that is something we can set up ourselves???

Here is what the back of the display looks like.

PicsArt_07-13-03.07.55.jpg

Ok thanks. We just followed that and according to the trouble shooting testing, it is the 12/24 power supply assembly.

Now here is my question, what causes this to go bad?

We were never told about having to go online and download the updates to the firmware for the omnilogic so we had the same firmware from when the pool was filled in July 2017 until 3 weeks ago when we updated so we could have the automation control the new solar heater. Just didn't know if the update could have anything to do with that or just a coincidence?

Or could lightning do that? Even though we have the surge protection and all that specifically to protect from that?

I only ask bc we got really screwed over with the pool build and ended up having to settle everything with an attorney so yes, I am skeptical of things. I do understand sometimes things just happen but still would ask those questions, just in case.

Is the PSU something that we can install ourselves if our warranty has already expired? It either expired a week ago or is about to. Going to try to get ahold of Hayward (wish me luck, as I have sat on hold for over 45 mins 3 weeks ago) and find out.

I really appreciate everyone's help and will be downloading this entire troubleshooting manual.

Certainly looks like you could replace it yourselves. It might be worth double-checking fuses on the board. I doubt your recent solar work caused this, PSU's fail from a variety of reasons including voltage surges.

Hallelujah! I got through to Hayward! Only 29 mins on hold this time. A ticket was put in to see when the warranty expires. Sigh.

I did talk to the local pool store as they are who handle the service calls for Hayward and he said even with the surge protection, a close enough lightning strike could have taken the PSU out. He also said if the warranty had just expired to ask Hayward to still cover it or at least cover the part as they are usually pretty flexible. Fingers crossed for some good luck.

Again, I really appreciate everyone's help figuring this out. I'm sure there will be a future post about installing the PSU. :LOL:;) I do love this forum though. It has been truly invaluable since we began this entire venture into pool ownership.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Certainly looks like you could replace it yourselves. It might be worth double-checking fuses on the board. I doubt your recent solar work caused this, PSU's fail from a variety of reasons including voltage surges.

That is good to know. I will have hubby check again. He said the fuses looked good as he did check them while checking the power supply. He is fairly confident this should be something he can do himself. My only concern is getting the automation set up to control our solar heater again. I don't know what they did to do that or if there is a certain place to look up the steps for that, like how I looked up the steps to update the firmware.

Great to hear! Thanks for getting back with the update - it'll help others that run into this situation. Also don't forget to make a backup of your configuration to USB.

Well fast FWD to today we are on our 3rd lightning strike in 3 years knocking out automation components! Thankfully looking back to this thread that troubleshooting guide came in very handy. Unfortunately the Main board has gone out this time. Now to either buy a new one or try to have this one repaired.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.