Waiting on decking...Audio/Speaker ? - SWG Gunite 18’x 40’ in NJ

Privacy might also be a good consideration. The two factors may well be taken care of by the same location.

I'd put the hot tub to the left side (of pic) of the patio door tucked up near the house for quick in-and-outs in the cold weather, esp at night.

Maddie :flower:
Yes, was definitely thinking close to the door for the reason you and others have stated. One thought I had was putting hot tub to the right side of the pic so it would be closer to the shallow end of the pool...maybe easier to go between there and pool but I don’t know, that’s why looking for feedback, thanks!

Some updates from the past couple weeks: steel, gunite, plumbing, equipment in. Electrical is scheduled for 12/1 and gas line for heater 12/3.
There will be a slide coming around the one center bench and going into the deep end (8’). There is the one deep end bench opposite to get in/out which the slide should push you towards. On the other side of the deep end there isn’t a bench to get out, would you suggest that we have a ladder put in there? We are going to have the SR Smith Artisan hand rail put in by the steps on the tanning ledge so could get the Artisan ladder to match. Any thoughts are appreciated.

EF8350EF-50F1-4DC5-8907-50C32468256B.jpeg3D0725D3-4C14-4683-85EB-1403FB8D0DA3.jpeg4774E2FA-7654-4ADB-B425-3B67930FFA3A.jpegEC28EFCB-84CC-4519-989C-8C428B4F641B.jpegB8B753E8-3630-4FD1-BD0F-3890EF24A57F.jpeg

I put a ladder in the deep end of my 32' long pool thinking the kids would "need" it. Ha! They taught themselves quickly to scurry out the side like monkeys. They just hoist themselves up and climb out. My ladder is on a pinned hinge so that the autocover can be closed. I think I could have saved that money on the fancy ladder and been fine. You have those benches which will be a way out so perhaps no ladder needed.

Maddie :flower:

You don’t need a ladder with the benches there. You could always add a step to the one bench to help with getting out. There’s a few of them on here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You don’t need a ladder with the benches there. You could always add a step to the one bench to help with getting out. There’s a few of them on here.
I wasn’t clear with how the layout with the slide will be...the center bench where the slide wraps around will be blocked in on the back b/c it will have a waterfall/sheer decent kinda mini grotto setup...so you won’t be able to use that one to get out. There is the one deep end bench on the opposite side but nothing in the deep end on the same side where the slide is...I guess I was thinking it won’t hurt to have a ladder, seems like the reason not to would be the for a cleaner look or if you were to have an auto cover which we will not...but wasn’t sure so wanted to see what everyone thought...thanks again!
1606273286775.jpeg

Reactions: Nikilyn
I always add a ladder in the deep end. Kids that are weak need a spot to focus on to get out. Underwater benches are great, but you have to know they're there
Ok, thanks...that was a concern since our kids are 6 & 8 that if friends are over it maybe helpful.

With them sliding in the water they will be heading towards the other bench. Unless the pool is a lot wider than I’m thinking, I don’t think they’ll have a problem getting out. But if it gives you peace of mind then you should.

I always add a ladder in the deep end. Kids that are weak need a spot to focus on to get out. Underwater benches are great, but you have to know they're there
I think we are going to have the SR Smith Artisan ladder (ART-1003) and rail (ART-1004) put in. Our pool will be a salt pool, the SR Smith site suggests getting the “marine grade” versions. Anyone have any experience with this, would it matter more for the ladder since it’ll be in the water? The rail will be on the decking. Thanks!

I haven't had any issues with standard ladders. All my pools are swg and even old cheapos have held up well. The foot steps get grimy on plastic ones but sr smith all metal ones are good. Remember the average puck chlorinated pool has as much salt as a swg pool after a while so its no difference.

Reactions: sydner23
As we are waiting for the decking and rest of our hardscape/landscape, have had plenty of time to think about what else we should do while the yard is in it’s current state. I’ve seen a few posts on outdoor speakers/audio setups.
If we are going to have anything that is hard wired then it would be easier to plan that out now or if there is an argument for wireless speakers (they would still need power run if wireless?)
I think a few have given positive feedback on the outdoor speakers/sub on monoprice for their value/cost...if I went this route any suggestions on how many speakers and if I would need just one or 2 subs? Currently on sale too!

Possible other option I saw was rock speakers:

Attachments

• 3C513CF2-E1DD-4459-A5B8-D6680ADA261E.jpeg
    3C513CF2-E1DD-4459-A5B8-D6680ADA261E.jpeg
    632.5 KB · Views: 10
As we are waiting for the decking and rest of our hardscape/landscape, have had plenty of time to think about what else we should do while the yard is in it’s current state. I’ve seen a few posts on outdoor speakers/audio setups.
If we are going to have anything that is hard wired then it would be easier to plan that out now or if there is an argument for wireless speakers (they would still need power run if wireless?)
I think a few have given positive feedback on the outdoor speakers/sub on monoprice for their value/cost...if I went this route any suggestions on how many speakers and if I would need just one or 2 subs? Currently on sale too!

Possible other option I saw was rock speakers:

I jumped on the Sonance/Sonos Mag 6.1 system that Best Buy has for $1000 off right now. It’s similar to Sycamore but higher quality and comes with a Sonos Amp. Sonance/Sonos MAG 6.1

I am waiting on my 250’ spool of Monoprice 4 conductor 14 gauge speaker wire. I’m sodding and landscaping myself so I’ll install it before I sod and finish landscaping.

Last edited:
I jumped on the Sonance/Sonos Mag 6.1 system that Best Buy has for $1000 off right now. It’s similar to Sycamore but higher quality and comes with a Sonos Amp. Sonance/Sonos MAG 6.1

I am waiting on my 250’ spool of Monoprice 4 conductor 14 gauge speaker wire. I’m sodding and landscaping myself so I’ll install it before I sod and finish landscaping.

Thank you...I’m not that knowledgeable about this...what makes the Sonance higher quality...is it the materials it is made of more durable for outdoors? Better sound quality?
Seems like $1499 for the Sonance system is a good price compared to the other Sonance systems...
A monoprice system (1 sub, 6 speakers) if adding in a Sonos amp would be around $870...
In your opinion what would make the Sonance/Sonos worth $630 more? Again, I’m not to knowledgeable with this and appreciate your feedback.
Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.