Unsure of pressure level

May 28, 2010
We bought this house several months ago and the pool is approximately 10 years old. I've always thought the pressure coming out of the jets on both the pool and spa was kind of weak. I've recently noticed that a couple of the jet eyeball fittings were completely gone and so it's just like bare PVC ends going into the pool and spa. I realize that by having these opening wide open, it lowers the pressure coming out of the other jets. But I'm not exactly sure if that's the only problem. How can you tell if your return jets are producing enough pressure?

There is no specific amount of pressure that is required, and the actual pressure varies dramatically from pool to pool. All you can do is learn what is normal for your pool and then watch to see if it changes from that.

I suggest picking up some eyeball fittings, they are easy to find and inexpensive, and putting them into the returns that don't currently have anything in them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.