Unlevel brick patio

Rookie PO

Jun 17, 2020
Chicago, Il
Hi, i just bought a 15 x 48 intex. I have a brick patio that slopes about 4" down from top to bottom and part of my pool (3ft) extends to the lawn. It is a flat transition from patio to lawn. I used pavers in the grass area, but it was not enough. I filled my pool most of the way and realized it was unsafe and drained it. My question is what can i do to build up the sloped brick and lawn area where the pool will sit? Can I use foam mats to build up the low side with pavers under legs in the grass area? Sand on the brick patio? If I had other yard options i would try but this is my only placement that is even an option. I hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• 20200617_211500.jpg
    20200617_211500.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200617_211529.jpg
    20200617_211529.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200617_211516.jpg
    20200617_211516.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 12
How many legs are sitting on lawn? Also, if the actual paved part slopes, you wouldn’t want to install on it even if it was paved all the way, without somehow leveling the whole area.

Some will say to use wood boards on the low side to raise the legs, making sure all legs are level to each other. I do not like that method, because the weight of the water is unevenly distributed.

Since you can‘t dig down to level, you have to build up. To prevent the added material from washing out, it needs a frame. So what some have done is built a sand box large enough to encompass entire pool with room to spare, fill it with crusher or screenings (crushed rock), compact and level it, then install pool. Encourage you to search this site for more info about that.

Some will say to use wood boards on the low side to raise the legs, making sure all legs are level to each other. I do not like that method, because the weight of the water is unevenly distributed.

Since you can‘t dig down to level, you have to build up. To prevent the added material from washing out, it needs a frame. So what some have done is built a sand box large enough to encompass entire pool with room to spare, fill it with crusher or screenings (crushed rock), compact and level it, then install pool. Encourage you to search this site for more info about that.
Thanks for that. I agree with you about not wanting to add pressure with uneven distributed water. Is it possible of building up the low side with soft padding like fom boards, etc?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.