unknown type of weed or grass

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
anyone have an idea what this strange grass or weed keeps returning every year. It has been returning every year for the past 4 years, usually this time of year, around one of my 5 rain gutter pop ups, don't know if that has any issue with it or not as it is the only place its happening. Never had my mower in anyone else's weed infested yard, always treat lawn 4 times for weeds and fertilizer and also spot treat lawn with liquid lawn safe weed killer.
It is soft, pulls up easily like a rug, almost like carpet, no blooms like creeping Charlie or Susan, but if I do spray with a lawn safe killer it will turn brown and the original grass will return in a few weeks.

Attachments

• grass2 (2).JPG
    grass2 (2).JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 31
  • grass2 (1).JPG
    grass2 (1).JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 14
Here is another pic, it does pull up really easy , right down to bare dirt, about a 4 ft round area and looks like is of spreading type. I edited one of the original pics with one with a black line outlining the lighter green section where the problem grass is.

Attachments

• grass 3.jpg
    grass 3.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.