Undersized Water Feature Pump

Birddogshiner

May 27, 2020
Houston
We are trying to get our pool build wrapped up and were just recently able to turn on the water feature pump. The pump runs 3 scuppers and 2 bubblers. When the valve is turned to run the scuppers only all is well. However, when the valve is turned to send enough water to the bubblers so they are functioning as well the water flowing from 2 of the 3 scuppers decreases to the point where it flows back along our split faced stone wall which we were told can't handle water flowing on it or the stone will erode away over time. The pool builder said he normally runs bubblers on the main pump but our main pump is a variable speed pump so we didn't think there would be enough flow for the bubblers to work and asked him to plumb them in on the water feature pump. The water feature pump is a Pentair model SF-N1-2A rated at 2 HP. I think the water feature pump is undersized. Does anyone know how to determine what size would be appropriate?low flow scupper.jpg

What size plumbing did the PB use for both the scupper and the bubblers?

With the appropriate plumbing and valves, you should be able to run that off the Intelliflo and it would be slightly less energy use too. Do you have a full feature controller?

With 12' of scuppers, you can get away with 60 GPM and 10 GPM for each bubbler would be 90 GPM. The Intelliflo would easily do that assuming the plumbing is sufficient. However, the SuperFlo would be hard pressed to deliver that on all but the largest plumbing.

What size plumbing did the PB use for both the scupper and the bubblers?

With the appropriate plumbing and valves, you should be able to run that off the Intelliflo and it would be slightly less energy use too. Do you have a full feature controller?

With 12' of scuppers, you can get away with 60 GPM and 10 GPM for each bubbler would be 90 GPM. The Intelliflo would easily do that assuming the plumbing is sufficient. However, the SuperFlo would be hard pressed to deliver that on all but the largest plumbing.
I believe it's 2". No controller.

So is there a single line feeding all scuppers or one 2" line per scupper? Same for the bubblers?

Can you post a picture of your equipment pad?

So is there a single line feeding all scuppers or one 2" line per scupper? Same for the bubblers?

Can you post a picture of your equipment pad?
Single line to all three scuppers and single line to bubbles. I think the plan of attack at this point is to rerout the plumbing so the bubblers run off the filter pump. I'd like to still use a valve to turn the bubblers off if we want. 20200803_135705.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.