unable to find replacement relay

robl3577

Dec 12, 2020
North Carolina
I have an old Leisure Bay spa. Maybe 15-20 years old? The relay that controls the 5.5kw heater is hanging up in the on position and the spa is constantly overheating. The relay looks like it may have been damaged when the last heater went bad. It looks like it overheated pretty badly at some point. Anyways, the relay itself is pretty typical. It is a Zettler AZ2290-1A-120, but it is hard mounted to a tiny circuit board(just barely bigger than the relay) with a white wire and a pair of red/black wires coming off the board. Red wire brings in 220v to the common on the relay and black wire to heater is connected to NO on relay. I can't find a part number other than the zettler number and I can't find a PCB mounted relay like this anywhere. I'm wondering if I can replace it with a balboa Expander 53426?
Here are some links to pictures
Thank you for any help

Anybody know what the tiny red and black wires control? They go to the main circuit board. I'm thinking they turn on the "heat" light.
Then there is the white wire attached directly to the tiny circuit board that the relay is attached to. Typically white is neutral. But why attached there?
If I can figure out what those do I should be able to replace it with generic equipment.

Can you post some pictures of the back of that circuit board?
Also can you back off a little and post a picture so I can see how it ties to the system?

What you really need is to remove the relay from the PCB and replace it. The problem I'm having is finding a relay the right size and layout with both PCB and spade connections with a 120vac coil. I can find plenty of relays the right size and layout with both terminal types but not with the right coil voltage.

Ok, I spent way too many hours on this, but here's the replacement relay you need. Just search for T91S5A22-120 and you will find them.
T91S5A22-120 Relay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.