Ultra frame horror stories

I have a old ultra frame that looks better than a new one year old, I believe it's from cheaper paint, so keeping water out is a great idea.

Getting good paint on bottom of the horizontal and bottom 3rd of vertical, try to get the connections to seal at top maybe with a silicone. I wonder if a small drain hole in the plastic feet might help.

I visit a truck forum (have a ram pickup) and alot of the posters use either of the products to prevent/slow down rusting.
They spray their wheel wells, under carriage, tail gates, inside doors, ect.
I had mine done by a shop, its only a 2 year old truck, so cannot comment on how it works, but according to the people that have used it for years, it does help.
Don't know if I can post these links but here goes.
You can search there for more rust proofing threads

Neither of these are appropriate for a pool. Krown is sticky so grass clippings, dirt, sand, bugs, and trash will stick to it. And auto undercoating? It would make a nice slate gray pool black because it's tar based, which would get hot to touch under the sun and, if I'm not mistaken, it requires sanding and priming first.

It was an ideal/option to spray inside any channels, tubes/post to cut down on rusting.
It was not meant for replacing paint or on any part that would be exposed.

As far as my truck.... I used Corrosion Free, and had a shop do it. They sprayed inside all of my doors, tailgate, inside wheel wells (behind the liners), rocker panels, hood, anywhere that can hold moister and get wet
I did not spray the engine compartment or under the truck.
No sanding/priming required, no leaking in my garage, and you would not even know it was done

Looking at all the rusted out pics I would take the $3 paint can variety of a close color and spray in each tube as far as it will reach. The last 1-2" gets rusted out in the bottom of the legs.

Then I would drill a hole in the plastic feet for drainage.

Then I would drill a hole in the bottom of the horizontal tubes for drainage and spray paint that hole very very good. Also would hit the inside if those tubes a few inches.

Let dry one day in the sun, have fun.

Also look for old frames

I ended up painting the lower half and inside both ends of each upright with clear Rustoleum, also have the bars and yes parts a good coating inside and out. Looking at the Intex frames, the Bestway frame seems to have a thicker powder coating on the outside and inside of each tube. There are also rubber gaskets that go on each pin to block water getting in the top pinholes on the tree and bars.

Each foot cap also has two holes already drilled for drainage. Looks like the BW frame has more thought and attention to detail out into it.

Can't wait til it's up so I can entertain y'all with MY vinyl pattern! ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.