Typical Concrete Deck Upgrade Costs For Stamped and Colored

BigOtis72

Gold Supporter
Jun 7, 2020
Georgia
Hello everyone! We are getting close to deck pour time and my wife is interested in going with a colored concrete and possibly stamped. What do you see in your area for a per square foot increase to color and to stamp. Also anyone have any input positive or negatives on each? Thanks!

No input on prices, though some folks do have issues with stamped concrete being slippery. Brushed concrete will never have that issue. So that could be one consideration. Properly done it may not be but I'm now past my level of expertise on that.

Thank you for all the replies. That’s what we were quoted on the color an additional $3 per sq foot. We are leaning away from stamped as mentioned slippery, heat and maintenance issues. Probably just do some color and broom finish it.

No input on prices, though some folks do have issues with stamped concrete being slippery. Brushed concrete will never have that issue. So that could be one consideration. Properly done it may not be but I'm now past my level of expertise on that.
Yes friends of ours have stamped patio next to the pool and there were too many times people coming out of the pool slipped and fell. That said maybe it could have been installed differently to prevent that. I just know they were unhappy with their situation.

We originally contracted for a colored concrete brushed finish rather than a Kool Deck coating because of the additional cost of the coating. After completion, problems with color blotching and other quality issues forced us to go with the Kool Deck coating. Seeing the difference between the two deck finishes, in hindsight, we'd have gone with the Kool Deck coating to begin with in a heartbeat, regardless of the additional cost. Cooler and non-slip surface were just bonuses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.