Turned Multiport with Pump Running

Babydoc1

Oct 17, 2018
VA
In my haste to dump an overflowing pool from recent rains, I turned my Hayward SP0714T Vari-Flow Multiport but forgot to shut off the pump. I realized my error within a few seconds and shut the system down as I reached the closed position on the valve. When I turn the pump on, the filter basket no longer fills as the pump does not appear to draw water from the pool. No unusual noises from the pump. I have turned the multiport 360 degrees both clockwise and counterclockwise without success to correct if valve was just misseated. I am hoping I just need to replace the ground key/seal assembly (it's the awful one with the seal glued to the gasket that takes a vise to attach to the handle). Any other thoughts?

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Given what you've done to troubleshoot, it does sound like you've done something to the spider gasket. Although the fact that you're getting no flow anywhere (they usually just leak) is a bit of a mystery.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread