Turbo Cell Working Properly?

How do I know if the turbo cell is working properly?

After having a pool service for the last 4+ years, I recently learned that the service had unplugged the turbo cell completely and was servicing the pool as a chlorine pool rather than saltwater. After plugging it back in and getting my salt levels up to normal, algae appeared. I visited the local pool supply who instructed me to shock the pool which I did but it's still green which has me wondering.. Is something wrong with the turbo cell? And if there is, how would I know?

Welcome to TFP!

You need to go through the diagnostics on the panel and post what each number reads. Make sure the cell is set to 100% when you do this. What are the lights doing on the panel?

There are some pool stores that have test stations for the cell, check around to see if one of yours has one.

To get you started on your water issues start by reading ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Follow Jhamblett's advice first.

There are a few ways to tell if the cell is working, but It's easiest if the water is algae free.

Some pool stores can test the cells.

Do you know how old the cell is?

Are there any lights or indication on the display?

How much salt did you add?

How did you determine the amount you needed?

What does the display show for salt level?

The AquaRite/Swimpure is easy to tell if it's working. The diagnostics tell everything you need to know. If you can post the diagnostics, water temperature and a good independent salt test, we can tell you if it's working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.