Trying to fix brother in laws mistake

Elit3klutz

Jun 15, 2021
Winston Salem
I'm frustrated and idk what to do besides drain what we have so far and I don't want to if there's anyway I can go around it...so we have a 14x42 bestway pool. I set it up completely and all my brother in law had to do was bury the pavers, make sure it was level and start filling it. When I got off work, he was already gone. The pool is about half way full and it's off about 2 inches, he didn't bury the pavers and the liner is just about to touch them. I think we are still okay in the being off because bestway said 2 inches is fine, but now I'm panicking about the pavers. Am I going to have to start over you think?

I've seen people do some pretty amazing things with Intex style pools.
Most seem to just throw them up in their yard and fill them, doesn't matter how flat it is. I'd bet the 2" is fine other than looking terrible but the one place they seem to always fail are rocks and other sharp objects. I've seen them get holes again and again.

Reactions: Elit3klutz
If its only 1/2 way full & looks to be 2” off it will probably only get worse as it fills. I agree with Maddie, it won’t take long to drain & readjust. Better to get it done now than risk a paver puncturing the liner or worse. You’ll have the whole summer of awesome pooling to make up for this lost time. 😊

Reactions: Elit3klutz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.