Trying to find the right robot

dotbombjoe

Silver Supporter
Aug 9, 2017
Rancho Mission Viejo, CA
So, I have a relatively small pool but it has a lot of bench...basically, bench or stairs on 3 of the 4 sides of the rectangular pool. Does anyone have a pool with lots of bench or stairs and a great experience with their robot?

I'm wondering if this could be a reason for one of the robots that let's you drive it? I'd hate to drop the kind of money these robots cost only to find out I have to clean the benches and stairs myself.

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
I have no benches but do have a rounded 1950s wedding cake type, 4 steps in a corner and while the bot will make the climb it is best when I brush the steps prior.

dschlic1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2007
Valrico, FL
I have found that the wheeled type robots (Polaris) did not climb on top of my under water bench. Tracked type (Maytronics) did.

wireform

Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
Tracked models are better at benches and steps but that's not to say it'll do it in every situation. I find it best to brush steps and benches and leave the rest to the robot.

Jimmie48

Dec 13, 2019
Frisco, TX
My warrior SE gets on the one bench I have and scrubs on it....not sure if that helps but he seems to clean it fine. I dont see him on my stairs much though...