Trying to bring back a neglected pool

Just a quick note on the M400, are you using the mesh filters or the fine pleated filters? The pleated filters will help you clear the pool up faster. It just acts like you have another filter in the pool. The mesh might not pick up all the dead algae.

I'm using the pleated now. Used the mesh to help grab up all the leaves, then realized it was kicking the algae and fine dirt out the top one day.

For the record, I'm pretty happy with it. I've been running the heck out of it since it came in. I bet it has more hours on it now than what most people use them in a year.

Last edited:
FC: 13
CC: .5
OCLT: 1

For the OCLT being 1, I might be ok with. I checked my FC last night around 6:45pm and our sun doesn't fully set until nearly 9pm, then checked again about 7:15am. I really think I have this beat.

Either way I added the last two jugs of chlorine I had to be safe. That should raise me to about 18.

I really think I have this beat.
That's good! :goodjob: Right at the OCLT FC limit, but a pass nonetheless. Hopefully your water is crystal clear to the deepest section. Nice work. If you have any more questions, just let us know.

Hard to make out but that's the drain at the bottom I haven't seen in awhile. There is still filtering to be done but hopefully I can chum the water up enough to get it the rest of the way done.

Attachments

• 20190508_192420.jpg
    20190508_192420.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 24
That's how it was performed but using the lovely speedstir. I'll try again this weekend some time.
The SpeedStir is more accurate then hand 'swirl' ;)

Hard to make out but that's the drain at the bottom I haven't seen in awhile. There is still filtering to be done but hopefully I can chum the water up enough to get it the rest of the way done.
You are at the stage you can add DE if you aren't already! (I think you have a Sand filter)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.