Trying hard not to listen to the non TFP morons

JasonLion said:
That sounds very good. Continue to monitor the FC level daily for a couple of days to make sure it stays stable at an acceptable level.

Do I keep my sanitizer output at 80% or lower it?

By stable and acceptable level I assume you mean within the target range given for SWG given my CYA (which is anywhere from 4-6)? Will it take awhile for the level to fall back down?

One day doesn't tell you what your FC level is really going to end up at. Wait a couple of days, checking daily. As long as FC remains at 4 or higher you are fine for now.

After a couple of days at 80% you can figure out if it is safe to lower the SWG percentage.

JasonLion said:
One day doesn't tell you what your FC level is really going to end up at. Wait a couple of days, checking daily. As long as FC remains at 4 or higher you are fine for now.

After a couple of days at 80% you can figure out if it is safe to lower the SWG percentage.

Fabulous. Thank you!!!! :party:

It's been 4 days and here is my chlorine update:

FC 6
CC .5 (It went away completely with one drop but this is the pinkest the water has ever turned on the CC test)
PH: 7.8 (added acid to target 7.4)
CH: 380
TA: 70
CYA: 70

The warranty company was out yesterday to check a few things and he said with my chlorine level staying that high, I should turn OFF the SWG. When it gets down to 3 he said to turn it on to 50% and then see what happens for a couple days. Do you guys agree with that?

Water looks cloudy to me. But it's cloudy outside so maybe that's it...I dunno...just doesn't seem clear, though. How do you know when .5 cc requires shocking and when it doesn't? By doing the FC overnight loss test?

No, I wouldn't let it go below 4. Yes, you can do an overnight test, just make sure the SWG is off when you do.

A cc of .5 is nothing to be concerned about.

How often are you running the pump? When is the last time you cleaned the cartridge?

frustratedpoolmom said:
No, I wouldn't let it go below 4. Yes, you can do an overnight test, just make sure the SWG is off when you do.

A cc of .5 is nothing to be concerned about.

How often are you running the pump? When is the last time you cleaned the cartridge?

Pump running for 9 hours at speed of 2100 right now. Cleaned the cartridge 7 weeks ago. I haven't cleaned the salt cell at all and am not sure how often I need to do that (or even how to for that matter---crossing that bridge when I get there). Warranty dude turned SWG off yesterday...I just now turned it back on (so it's been off all day and pump only has 2 hours left of run time today unless I extend it) at 60%. Will test the chlorine before I go to bed tonight and then again tomorrow morning b4 the SWG kicks on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.