Jul 25, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi,

I have a Pentair Suntouch control center at may pool, controlling the Intelliflow Pump, the heater, vales and a blower on a shared pool/spa system. All components are connected to the Suntouch controller and worked well until the pool company replaced the pool heater. I don't know if this was the root cause or just something else broke just at that time (they said that the actuator for the spa was not controllable from the control panel and that's were the story began).

I try to diagnose starting with the simpel things: Wires inside the Suntouch and to the pump are connected, but the pump doesn't displays "DISPLAY ACTIVE", which is an indication that the connection to the controller is not working even it's plugged in. Otherwise, the pump disables it's own key pad and the controller takes over the schedule.

I checked the wiring. The connector is plugged into the pump, inside the Suntouch wiring to the screw terminal (green+yellow) is ok. However, when running the self diagnostics the Suntouch displays error 5, which indicates a communication problem on the serial connection (UART). Usually there is a loose wire or connector doesn't sit in place, but both is ok. From a previous repair I have a spare board. I put it in, comes up, but problem and diagnostic result stays the same.

Any further ideas? Is there an option to disable external control on the pump? something else I could check? I din't replaced the external connection cable yet, but would be very surprise if this is broken inside. I think they messed up some config etc., which causes the problem. Of course they want to sell a new system...

I hope your pool guy did not blow the RS-485 comm chip on the Suntouch or pump by playing around with the connections while it was powered.

Show us pics of the wiring in the Suntouch.

Is the IntelliFlo pump the only device connected to the Com Port?

Definitely check the continuity on the COM Port wires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.