trouble with fc

Jun 5, 2013
tn
having a time getting my fc level up. it is at .5 and cc is at .5. water temp is 64 deg. ph at 7.5 ta is 90 cya 30. slammed pool on opening and the water is clear do I need to slam again? have tabs in the skimmers and running injector wide open?

Daily maintenance of your pool water chemistry using trichlor is not recommended.

having a time getting my fc level up. it is at .5 and cc is at .5. water temp is 64 deg. ph at 7.5 ta is 90 cya 30. slammed pool on opening and the water is clear do I need to slam again? have tabs in the skimmers and running injector wide open?
You didn't slam. You SL'ed. SLAM Process is Shock Level And Maintain. The key is the And Maintain. Anybody can give a pool a megadose of chlorine. It seldom does any good. You killed some algae, but you still left some to grow, and now they're coming back with a vengeance. And note-- if there's more than one strain of algae in there, you just killed off the weak one and the hardier strain is the one reproducing!

No, you must hit the algae hard and then kick it again and again and again to kill it all. Carefully read the SLAM Process instructions and follow them. It should only take a couple days to pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Testif the water is already clear. My guess is that you really don't know how clear clear can be. Just follow our methods and see ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.