Tropics Blue Mini vs. Aqua Blue Mini Stonescapes

surfangel

Feb 25, 2021
San Diego, CA
Hello, we are currently in the middle of a full backyard remodel. We will be redoing our pool and have narrowed down our choices to StoneScapes Tropics Blue Mini (either Puerto Rico blend or w/ a touch of glass) vs. StoneScapes Aqua Blue Mini (w/ a touch of glass, possibly abalone thrown in too). Pictures are so deceiving and just don't show you enough of what it will look like in person. We have thrown the small samples in our pool to see what the bottom will look like at different depths. But I think in order for us to truly make that final decision, we need to see the different water colors in person. Has anyone living in San Diego County used either of those color choices (w/ glass options mentioned) that would be willing to let us take a quick peek in your backyard to see a pool in person?

Welcome to TFP :)

In the next couple months you will get more eyes on your request.. Right now not many people on.. :)

I am trying to decide between the same two colors. I wish I could help, but I am driving myself crazy with this. I have seen Aqua Blue in person, and am worried it is a tad too blue (I like the turquoise/teal color). I have not been able to see Tropics Blue, but am worried it may be too dark, or that the shelf may look "dirty." Hopefully more people will respond!

Reactions: cowboycasey
We went with Tropics Blue Touch of Glass. I promise you it its not too dark. Even at night with the porch light on, (and no pool lights) you can clearly see the bottom. (One pic shows sun, one shows shade)

Attachments

• 27BDFAB8-F258-4370-A140-C0C3C00D3354.jpeg
    27BDFAB8-F258-4370-A140-C0C3C00D3354.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 760EC72E-2301-49C5-8BF8-1198EF2FC1BD.jpeg
    760EC72E-2301-49C5-8BF8-1198EF2FC1BD.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Love
Reactions: Indeeph2o
I'll go back and check that out Linda....thanks.
Currently we are looking at Blue Surf and Blue Granite. I can't remember if the Prism Blue was a standard or upgrade.

I am trying to decide between the same two colors. I wish I could help, but I am driving myself crazy with this. I have seen Aqua Blue in person, and am worried it is a tad too blue (I like the turquoise/teal color). I have not been able to see Tropics Blue, but am worried it may be too dark, or that the shelf may look "dirty." Hopefully more people will respond!
What did you choose? I am having the same dilemma! :oops:

Reactions: Eperry3951

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jp I saw blue surf in person. It’s much lighter than Stonescapes tropics blue.
Linda, I love your pool. Could you tell me the name of your tile and coping? I have decided on Tropic Blue and yours is the first pool I have seen in which I fell in love with the plaster, tile, and travertine! If you would like to start a conversation on this forum. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.