Tried to deep clean my sand filter first time ever....think I messed up bad :( What are my options

What would be the best way to remove the sand and or filter to do a deep clean (shop vac?), and then can I clean the sand in another bucker or bin..and then shovel it back into the filter in the shed?
I would transfer it from the filter to a bin or a tub the do-the-deepclean in the tub before puting it back. Do you have a wheelbarrow or a yard cart to get the sand out of the shed?

I took my sand out by hand and it really wasn't that bad, a bit tedious. I think a shop vac would work, if it has a paper filter maybe replace it with a foam filter - it's going to get wet. Does your shop-vac have a nozzle inside with a "wet" position to direct the flow down?

Reactions: Mdragger88
It was probably hard to take apart because sand was on the center white pipe when it was inserted in the multi-port head. Now that you got it apart, make sure the center pipe is clean before reinstalling the multi-port. You could try a dry lube like a silicone spray but I would stay away from any gel-like lube where sand could stick to it before you reinstall.

Considering that you have no idea if the previous owners liked to use clarifiers or ever used flock, personally I would just replace it. Once you remove the sand you’ve already done the hard part and you won’t have to worry about cleaning it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.