trichlor pucks

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question. We just disconnected our nature 2 system because of its lack of durability. Naturally we used trichlor pucks but will be switching to a floater with regular chlorine pucks. I know you cannot mix these two kinds of pucks in a pressurize vessel but what about in the water itself? To my knowledge the trichlor puck just adds CYA but I just want to make sure I will not have a any issue's.

Thank you!

The only other kind is cal-hypo usually found in encapsulated form, but they are MUCH more rare to come by compared to tri-chlor. The only other Tab I know of is tri-chlor with blue specs of copper additive

I just remember two different buckets at the store. One said slow dissolve the other did not. I always bought the slow dissolve pucks and never really paid attention to the other kind, I did not realize they both contained trichlor. I feel pretty stupid now, but thank you for your replys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.