trichlor pucks

mrsmustang

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago Ridge, IL
Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question. We just disconnected our nature 2 system because of its lack of durability. Naturally we used trichlor pucks but will be switching to a floater with regular chlorine pucks. I know you cannot mix these two kinds of pucks in a pressurize vessel but what about in the water itself? To my knowledge the trichlor puck just adds CYA but I just want to make sure I will not have a any issue's.

Thank you!

X-PertPool

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
Exeter, PA
The only other kind is cal-hypo usually found in encapsulated form, but they are MUCH more rare to come by compared to tri-chlor. The only other Tab I know of is tri-chlor with blue specs of copper additive

mrsmustang

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago Ridge, IL
I just remember two different buckets at the store. One said slow dissolve the other did not. I always bought the slow dissolve pucks and never really paid attention to the other kind, I did not realize they both contained trichlor. I feel pretty stupid now, but thank you for your replys!

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
mrsmustang said:
I know you cannot mix these two kinds of pucks in a pressurize vessel but what about in the water itself?
Using more than one kind of chlorine in the same pool is just fine. All you need to do is to be sure you add them to the pool separately.

mrsmustang

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago Ridge, IL
JasonLion said:
mrsmustang said:
I know you cannot mix these two kinds of pucks in a pressurize vessel but what about in the water itself?
Using more than one kind of chlorine in the same pool is just fine. All you need to do is to be sure you add them to the pool separately.
Thank you Jason for answering my question.

Other Threads of Interest