Triac 6Ft spill over hot tub with pics

Apr 16, 2007
Bucks Count PA
hottub3.jpg

hottub4.jpg

In the pictures above I have one photo with the look of the spill over hot tub and the other is of the 4 suction grates 2 for the jets suction 2 for the heater suction. I need to find replacement grates as you can see one has fallen off. I am sure the others are on their way out as well as the tub is 10 years old.
So I am looking any leads on finding 4 of these grates it is a Triac 6 Ft spillover hot tub. The local pool guy that installed the pool has had no luck in the last two months getting replacements. Something about the company being sold to another and his Disty is having a hard time accessing replacement parts.

Please Help me find them as I have search online and found nothing other than companies selling the whole tub and not parts.

Excuse the ring around the collar this was taken with the tub looking at it's worst.

Re: Traic 6Ft spill over hot tub with pics

The VGB act will prevent you from finding an exact match. The only solution I can see is to empty the spa, lift it out, and replace the entire suction outlet with the missing grate.

This is not without some risk as getting the tub back in is a significant PITA. Remember, the tub was set before the concrete was poured. You may have to cut some of the concrete near the tub's edge to get it out. This may be costly but not as much as an entrapment would be so it has to get done.

All older, non-VGB certified suction grates have been removed from the sales channels, by law.

Scott

Is there a part number for that from Triac?

There is a store by me that for some reason has tons of Triac replacement parts.
Ill show them the picture and see if they have something and ship it to you and you can just send me a check for the cost of the part.

No guarantees but its worth a shot...

sunnydays said:
That would be great! I don't remember a part number on the grate but I can take some measurements of it and get a closeup photo of the grate once I get home.

Ok that should be fine. Get as good a pic as you can and Ill bring it in there.

I have a Triac spa and I brought them a picture when I needed jets and another part and they were able to match it up and get me what I needed.

So hopefully they will be able to.

HOTTUB.jpg

Here is a close up picture of the suction fitting. It measures 3&3/4 inches across. Around the outside of the suction fitting the following is written:
(SPC-2 100 GPM 2K39 SUCTION FITTING LISTED 100 GPM)

I really appreciate you takeing the time to see if your pool store has the parts that I need.

Thanks
Gerry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.